Woods Country Cove

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BITS AND BOBS, AROUND THE HOUSE part #2

My teapot collection. I find most of them at antique and thrift stores.

DSC_0023

                                    DSC_0029

          This tea pot  The Kings Arms I got from my Nana in England. Many years ago. It was the first tea pot and the one that started me into collecting them. There is a tea house in a small village near here called Sparta that has hundreds of collectable tea pots , I would love to have them but for now I just go there and admire them. The photo  below  is of the tea house , click on the photo to read of this wonderful  tea house’s history.!

8795375

DSC_0027

 

                                       DSC_0030

                                          DSC_0028

DSC_0002

                                                           Also from my Nana !

                                        I am still searching for these unusual teapots.

DSC_0045

One of my favourite  pieces an old wash basin and jug ! My sister bought it for me from a antique shop.Hand made.

DSC_0046

This was my mums , she brought this over from England when she came here in 1954.For some strange reason this was my favourite piece from the set.

DSC_0047

                                 I got this little cute bucket from a thrift store.

DSC_0018

A candy canister and my recipes, the recipes came in the tins when I bought them , I thought that was awesome!

DSC_0032 

Last but not least for this post , my basket with porcelain pieces with in the basket weaves. I also got this from a thrift store  !

I have hundreds more Bits & Bobs around the house but I wont bore you with to many of them so  Stay tuned for the final chapter later.

                                     Hope you all have a day filled with Bits & Bobs and sunshine !

                                        Red rose     COUNTRY GALRed rose

3 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Lovely treasure.I have a few teapots , but only a few.I do have a full set of antique Bridal rose China(started collecting it when I was 12!)

West Side of Straight said...

Oh I love your tea pots. You don't find them around here very often. Those village ones are so cute! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Hi there....I popped in from Cackleberry Farms and love your blog. The teapots collection is awesome. You really have some nice ones. Happy Spring From Houston, Tx!