Woods Country Cove

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday Matinee

 

It is cold and bit windy but the sun is shining and the birds are happy and busy as usual at the feeders and in the trees ! Miggs and I went for a nice walk , when we got home I decided to take some video of the birds and all the their lovely noise .

                                                                     Crank it up and listen to our birds !

                                                        
Mr Robin huddling from the cold wind !

 

The Robin is my favourite bird , his song is soo pretty but as it is cold I don't think he will be doing any singing today !

                                                              
They arrived in January .

 

    Last but not least this video is for a lovely blog pal  , Francine from Primitive Stars   who loves the Cardinal and want’s to hear one since she doesn’t have them where she is .

                                                                      

                                                 

The Male Cardinal’s Song

     Theses are the sounds I hear every day and more in our valley and yard  it is amazing I love the nature here !

The sun is shining and is quite warm , snow is melting and all kinds of birds are returning . Some in droves lol !  Starlings . It’s like having our own bird sanctuary .

                                                                                   All signs of  Spring !

February 2014 (4 of 8)-3

                             My kind of movie and music is all in our valley and back yard !  NATURE !

                                     

                                                                 Until next tine my friends !

                                                               Country Gal

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i like the screaming jay and happily chirping sparrows. mr. robin was quiet. :)

NanaNor's said...

Hi there my friend, I love birds too and so glad you have so many. WE get lots of Robins here but as you know, no Cardinals. I'm wondering what type of birds we will get at the new house? I don't care for Grackles because they kill smaller birds-one year we got 12 dead Junkos carcases on the lawn and it was so discouraging. They are true scavengers and would gut the small birds. So I hope we have lots of small finches and junkos at the new place. I imagine we will have hawks too.
Stay warm and enjoy the beauty of the birds.
Hugs,Noreen

Linda said...

Oh.....that was lovely Elaine♥️
Worth coming home to....
Enjoy your week...
Cheers!
Linda:o)

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

This sounds delightful!

Now, perhaps if I'd stick my nose out the door, I'd hear some too! Memo to self: Go out doors! :-)

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

No Robins sighted here; we are having a bit of a snow storm here AGAIN

Patsy said...

Very nice!

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Oh, how lovely! These are great videos with the most beautiful sounds. I adore robins; they are the cutest. And I also love the cardinals; the male's singing is astounding. I just love the way he whistles. These are the types of sounds I hear each day where I live. The best thing we ever did is move away from the big city to a much smaller area. I am happiest near nature.

William Kendall said...

They're anxious for spring!

Primitive Stars said...

Oh thank you, loved the bird song but the Cardinal stole my heart, love!!!! Blessings Francine.

Vanessa Morgan said...

So beautiful. Makes me want to live in the countryside too.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I haven't seen any Robins yet here. They are always a sign of Spring is here.......

Anonymous said...

how lovely to hear the birds ... they sure are chirping up a storm around here :)
You have good sized patches of grass showing, something we don't have yet ... just a small bit close to the house

Lori E said...

I love waking up to the sound of birds again. Spring is in the air, along with the snow lol.
You look like you are running a full time truck stop, I mean bird stop, in your yard.
I had to stop with the bird feeders years ago because the squirrels just destroyed them. I tried all the tricks and gizmos and short of spending hundreds of dollars on a fancy feeder I gave up. The birds here have lots to eat in the greenbelt beside us and in our gardens.