Woods Country Cove

Monday, February 3, 2014

Here’s Your Sign !

 

                                           Of Spring that is .

                I have know idea if the Ground hog saw his shadow or not  yesterday as it was Ground hog day here 

but I saw my best sign of spring

        Also joining in with Little Red House for Mosaic Monday !

Feb 2014PicMonkey Collage

             Yup the Robin . I saw them at the end of last week . Remember my post ? I thought I was going bonkers ! Well I am not cause yesterday evening at about 5 pm there were lots of Robins bobbin, flapping about and eating berries in our tree ! I called Papa to have a look and even he said WOW!  they are early , I said I don't care their here !!!

                                I couldn’t believe how many there were or get them all in a photo either but

                                                                   I counted at least 15  Robins .

Feb Robins 2014PicMonkey Collage

 

                            Then I saw a few of them fly into our hedges for the night , I think they are here to stay .

                                                                                 WHOOHOO !!!

  Each year for many years I look for the Robins return as a sign of spring  and record when I see them , as the temps over the  weekend had been very mild  2 above freezing  with rain , some very light snow and sunshine I take mother nature had been calling the Robins back !

        I am ok with that , they are my favourite bird and to hear them chirp and sing this early is what I love to hear !

                                    So if the Robin is your sign of spring to ,  they are back at least in Southwestern Ontario !

             Saw them again this morning in the hedges and the berry tree  that confirms it for me they are here to stay

and that makes me  Open-mouthed smileHAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY !!!

                                                                              Until next time friends !

                                                                                    Country Gal

20 comments:

Julie Marie said...

So beautiful Elaine... and I do hope your Spring is on it's way!... many of our Robins do not go south for the winter, but stay here year round... Tessy and I have been watching them on our walks... love them!... xoxo Julie Marie

Jane and Chris said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I think your berry tree attracted them,so they will be around for quite some time.
Jane x

Pamela Gordon said...

What a beautiful sight! They sure are enjoying feasting on your berries.

Primitive Stars said...

Wow!!!!! love the headline, made me smile and seeing all your Robins is giving me hope :) Blessings Francine.

Anvilcloud said...

Sigh. We won't see them for awhile in Eastern Ontario -- just in the balmy southwest. :)

TexWisGirl said...

i heard a robin here this weekend and again this morning. it was a welcome sound.

RURAL said...

I'm celebrating robins with you, haven't seen any here yet, but I can hope.

Jen

Muffy's Marks said...

The Robin is the Wisconsin state bird. What are they doing in Canada? LOL My dad always said, it has to snow on a robin's tail three times, then spring will be here. Wonder if that holds true for your neck of the woods, also?

Gail said...

Great pictures.

I am so ready for spring.

Amy at love made my home said...

I have no idea of Canadian robins look like English robins, but they look like robins to me, and if they are a sign of spring, bring it on is all I can say!! xx

Mary said...

It's lovely to hear their song, isn't it? No song here today, as we are getting more snow -- about seven inches so far, and still coming down! Thanks for sharing your beautiful and HOPEFUL images at Mosaic Monday! xo

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI So glad you are happy that your Robins have returned and spring is on its way to you. Poured all day here with high winds!!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful to see the robins ... I actually thought I heard one chirping away on the weekend,, but hubby thought I was crazy ... just wait till I tell him you saw one and have photo proof :)

eileeninmd said...

The robins are pretty. They seem to be here year round! I am happy that you are seeing them again, maybe that is a good sign! Lovely photos. Have a happy day!

Anonymous said...

Elaine you seen the robin. Jumping for joy.

Here in my country if we see the Robin yes. Then the black bear is next.

Ya for the robin not the black bear.

Happy pictures for me and others to see this.

Went shopping today and I took winter but out of my back yard journey to the Town and met our friends at coffee shop. Then did our shopping.

More snow coming in for us.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh our cedar bush is full of flocks of Robins the first time I seen them after a major snowstorm i thought I was seeing things. I have my doubts about those pesky ground hogs:) Hug B

William Kendall said...

They can make do with the berries!

We won't see them here for a few more weeks, at least...

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Awww...sweet. One of the most wonderful sightings this time of year is the Robin! Lovely images.

colleen said...

We won't be seeing any robins for a couple of months here in Norther Maine...but your pics made me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!! Keep assuring us that spring is indeed on its way. have a great day!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Robins already! Good for you! :)