Woods Country Cove

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It Was A Nice Day

 

                         Yesterday was sunny and the temps hovered at about  -4°C it was quite nice actually .

                         Miggs and I went for a nice walk  , played for a bit  and then I came in for a little while to do some things and Miggs stayed out watching the birds and critters .

After lunch I went back out  side  and played around with my old handycam  taking movies .

  

Coopers Hawk Landed In our Tree

                       This Coopers Hawk was strangely close  I am surprised he landed this close to us I guess he wanted

  to get a birds eye view at us lol !

                                           
Birds Chirping In The Cedar Hedge

                           The birds love the hedges , as you can see and hear here , they get pretty chatty on a nice sunny day ! Like having a symphony of birds lol

              I did lots of video then I changed hands to my camera and took some still photos .My camera has video on it but I don't find it always works as good as an actual video camera or it could just be me lol

I then went around and took still photos .

February 2014 (7 of 25)

The sun is warming up more and more each day it is out as you can see it heating up the snow on the

roof of Papa’s  tool shed.

February 2014 (4 of 25)        Blue Jays hiding in the Cedars .

February 2014 (8 of 25)

Winds have been calm for a day or two which makes it so much nicer out !

February 2014 (23 of 25)

As the snow melts during the day and then freezes in drip form and there you have odd shaped  icicles .

It was so lovely out  here yesterday I was out for three hours soaking up the sun and the nature .

  This morning is a bit crisper  feeling in the air and the sun is out  . Miggs and I just got back from our walk and are now warming up inside , soon Miggs will be wanting to go back outside lol !

Until next time my friends .

Country Gal

16 comments:

Patsy said...

That was fun, they are busy little birds. Our birds have been eating since good day light.

NanaNor's said...

Good day to you and Miggs, Wow you called -4 nice, we reach that and stay inside(unless we are snowshoeing). We are getting more snow today and might go to the movies later this afternoon.
I admire all the birds you get; our neighbor gets a Cooper Hawk but it always eats his finches and juncos.
I did hear yesterday that our bodies burn more calories and fat when it's cold-one great thing about it.
Hugs to you Elaine.
Noreen

TexWisGirl said...

we get them sticking close to our feeder tree, too, sometimes. :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I only wish one of those hawks would swoop down and carry off some of the unwelcome starlings, grackles and blackbirds which invaded our feeders. I have put seeds out only to have them come in drives of 50 at a time and wipe out all the food and leave a mess of droppings. Where is a good scavenger when it's needed?

Anonymous said...

The birds have been chirping a lot lately, and some checking out the bird houses. We had a red tail hawk in the back tree on the weekend and all the birds just kept feeding away as usual.

Linda said...

The little birds sure can't be noisy! Ours seem like they are having quite the time! The Cooper Hawks here hang around to eat the little birds...such beauties though...have a wonderful day!

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Lovely post! I love the sound of those birds singing. That is one of the best sounds, especially this time of year. And I can imagine how exciting it was to get that close to that hawk. That is pretty cool!

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that it keeps warming up so that it gives you at least some respite from the cold and snow. Amazingly odd shaped icicle! xx

Jane and Chris said...

What a handsome Coopers Hawk...just waiting for the catch of the day!
Jane x

Julie Marie said...

Love all your birdies Elaine!... we have a coopers hawk too, I named him Cooper, original huh?... he is not afraid of me at all, until I clap my hands to keep him away from the smaller birds, then he flies... I told him he is welcome to all the seeds, nuts and berries he can eat... but little birds are NOT on the menu!... xoxo Julie Marie

Michelle said...

Love seeing that Coopers Hawk!

William Kendall said...

That hawk looks quite distinctive!

The jays may be in the trees, but they still stand out...

Muffy's Marks said...

What a lovely way to share a beautiful day, enjoyed seeing and hearing your videos!!!

DeniseinVA said...

Great video and smashing photos. Silly question probably but is that some kind of device for measuring the wind in your photo above the icicle? It looks really interesting.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI Elaine Great for me to see the Coppers Hawk, I have never seen one.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Oh I love odd shaped icicles...

And one winter, we had weather which produced *humongously* long icicles.

What a Photo Op. To go around town and take pics of them.

Tessa~
(Upper NE of the US)