Woods Country Cove

Thursday, February 6, 2014

This N That

 

Is it Spring yet ?

Yesterday we had a wicked snow storm barrel through Southern Ontario .

Lots of snow , high winds and just plain YUK !

                              Miggs of course , loved it  but doesn’t like high winds so she was out in it for a short time .

February 2014 (2 of 6)

February 2014 (3 of 6)

           After I let .. or better yet coaxed her to come in  regardless of the winds  she likes to play come get me at

         times  lol she got dried off as she was covered in snow and snuggled up in her bed to warm her bones  .

February 2014 (9 of 12)

The winds were howling out there and snow blowing every where !

February 2014 (1 of 12)

I took a photo or two of one of  my Geraniums blooming .

February 2014 (3 of 12)

By the look of things there will be lots of pretty blooms on this plant  WOOHOO !

February 2014 (5 of 12)

                         Miggs then moved to the kitchen as she was watching me and wondering what I was doing .

                                 More like getting my attention to take photos of her again as she loves the camera ,

                                                                                     works every time lol.

                                After the storm settled down at about 4 pm Miggs and I went outside and I did some shovelling , so did Miggs but with her snoot lol

        Cold out this morning -13°C feels like -19°C or  9°F feels like -2°F  The sun hasn’t risen yet ,  that's if there is even going to be sun today  they say there will be , I hope so . I will bundle up and take Miggs for her walk regardless sun or not , but prefer sun shine lol !

Until next time friends .

Country Gal

18 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

Jane and Chris said...

I saw the sun for a brief time at sunrise,now it's hiding behind the clouds afraid to come out in case it gets snowed on.
Jane x

Pamela Gordon said...

You got a lot of snow there in this storm I hear. We only got about 10 cm. It looks really pretty today with the sun but it's cold. Have a nice walk!

Tiggeriffic said...

Lots of snow here and very cold.. Schools are starting 2 hours late today because of the cold..
Miggs is such a wonderful dog.. You know dogs love us by the way they wag their tails.. whack whack whack~!
Have a Blessed day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

TexWisGirl said...

we're 19F here in NE tx again this morning. ready for spring.

Anonymous said...

Lots more snow for us too, just did more digging out. We are certainly getting our exercise this winter.
Nice to see some inside blooms.

Patsy said...

It is cold here and we have ice on the trees and ground, today we are getting puny little snow flakes.

Anvilcloud said...

We didn't get much this time. That happens every now and then.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Oh those howling winds! They scare me. I fear lines going down and the power going off.

Yes, I'm a wimp about ice and wind power loss in winter. And a wimp about thunder storm power loss, in summer. -chuckle- What can I say???
-grin-

Tessa~
(Upper NE of the US)

Primitive Stars said...

Not here yet, still very cold.....love your pictures once again, make me happy, Francine.

Linda said...

Brrr...its 55 here today and I was freezing walking to school this morning! Great pictures...Miggs is adorable! Have a great day...stay warm!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We have no new snow, just ice which I would happily trade for snow. I'm glad Miggs is enjoying it, and you get to enjoy a little bit of color in the middle of winter, your geraniums are lovely!

William Kendall said...

Does Miggs get dried off by the Towel of Torment?

I saw sundogs earlier today, so that likely means more snow to come... perhaps by the time I leave for home.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

getting pretty tired of winter here too, but I cant help but smile at the Miggy pics

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh we missed that storm and that is a good thing even with living on a farm I am running out of places to put all the white stuff:) Miggs is so funny. Hug B

NanaNor's said...

Hi, Your temps beat ours; today is sunny and clear but so cold. More snow predicted for the weekend. Love how Miggs will just stay with you. A geranium-you must have a sunroom. We have a small sunroom at the new house and I think I'll get at least one plant to put in there. Hope you stay warm today and over the weekend-I'm ready for spring!
Hugs, Noreen

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Your weather was very similar to ours on the same day! And the snow just keeps piling up...yuck!

Your Geraniums look beautiful. What a pretty colour. Some flowers this time of year are especially welcome!

DeniseinVA said...

Great pics! Wishing you a a warm, wonderful weekend :)