Woods Country Cove

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday’s Scenery

 

              Since yesterday the temps have been very mild  and the snow has been melting and dripping  .

            We started out with very light snow very fine it was then it stopped after a couple of hours  .

           Then Miggs and I went for our walk this morning after I started my laundry .  It has been cloudy for most of the  morning but I noticed the sun is trying to shine through the damp low cloud .When we got back I went around and took photos .

                          February 2014 (1 of 8)

   I like to practice with my camera  and just get out there and get  lost in the beauty and sounds of the valley whilst I am photographing  .  All my photos are taken in raw so if I want to adjust them or enhance them I can . I like to use my 55-300 mm zoom lens a lot and on auto focus, my camera is always on manual . I keep my lens on auto focus as I take a lot of movement / action shots and it focuses on the subjects faster then manual focus  .

February 2014 (2 of 10)

                                                                    Practicing my depth of field  with the fence!

February 2014 (1 of 10)

                                          A  light covering of snow hangs on the balance as the temps warm up !

February 2014 (8 of 8)

                                 Oh I see a bit of blue sky over there , with a bit of luck the clouds will disappear

                                                                               and the sun will shine  !

February 2014 (4 of 10)

                                                                   This little guy was watching me   !

February 2014 (9 of 10)

                                       I love our big maple tree when it has a dusting of snow on it’s bark !

                                                 This beautiful maple tree is over 150 years old and is huge !

  As I sit here typing , my laundry is on  spin and dryer has just beeped it is done , Papa is learning some more settings in photo shop,  he already is amazing with the program ,  Miggs is beside us here in the computer room snoring , Harley is snoozing in her cat bed  , the clocks pendulum's are tick toking away , there is the sound of melting snow dripping down the down spouts , sounds of birdies every where chirping and the sun has almost broken through the low overcast cloud  . A sunset would be nice this evening . Fingers crossed    lol !

                                           Linking up with   My Little Home And Garden  for  Sunlit Sunday

                                                                     Until next time friends !               

                                                                         Country Gal

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

cute junco. we have rain falling today (yay! after none in january) but it is due to turn to snow as the temps go below freezing.

Pamela Gordon said...

Is sounds like a spring day there today! lol It's mild here after about 8 cm. of snow overnight and it's melting a bit. The snow was really sticky, great for snowmen. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon. Are you watching the big game on TV? We aren't. We're not sports fans at all.

Amy at love made my home said...

It sounds as though you have had a lovely day! Your new header picture is great too!! One day I will work out how to do that! xx

Gail said...

Beautiful and fun day.

We are getting a good snow here.

Have a great evening.

Primitive Stars said...

Enjoy looking at your scenery pictures, sweet Junco, Blessings Francine.

My Little Home and Garden said...

On some days, the sunlight is neither absent nor bright, but just showing a subtle presence.

All of the photos are well done, but the old maple tree is fantastic. Wouldn't it be something if it could tell us some of what it has seen in the last century and a half.

Karen

Michelle said...

You have some wonderful captures with the snow. Always so much to learn with Photoshop!

William Kendall said...

Lovely wintery shots!

Cindy said...

Your big old oak tree is pretty with a dusting of snow.
Have a wonderful week,
Cindy

Amazing wonders in my life said...

Wonderful shots

Lorrie said...

The lack of bright and varied colours in the winter really shows up the bones of the landscape. I love these shots.

Suburban Girl said...

I hope you got your sunset!

cedarmerefarm said...

The snow can make the landscape look so beautiful. Good job with your camera. It's fun to experiment, isn't it?

cedarmerefarm said...

The snow does make the landscape look very nice. You did a good job with your camera. Your photos are very nice. I like to experiment with my camera too (I think I should take a photography class to learn more about what I can do with my camera).