Woods Country Cove

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Returned

 

A bit of humidity has returned after a week or so of cool weather . August is our hottest month so guess that has something to do with it . Right now the sky is grey and hazy and I hear a storm brewing northwest of us traveling to the north east  hope we get  rain at some point today as these kind of clouds by pass us a lot !

                                                 Also  ..  the  return of the Blue jay's  squawking like crazy !

Summer 2013 (1 of 1)-10

A bit early for them as they usually return late September but as we all know this years weather has been strange, up and down like a yoyo and seems to be interfering with natures creatures and their migrations . I have been a bit MIA here as I have been feeling  some what  under the weather and not much going on doesn’t help either lol . I like the quiet but some times things are to quiet and nothing around to photograph as I don’t want to keep photographing the same things over and over , gets kind of boring  not for just me but for you  to lol !

Our lawn tractor was returned to us and worked for a bit with a new drive  belt but it  is pretty much toast now  as it is still doing what it did before ..  at the time we couldn’t figure out what was causing the prob.  So we may take it back to our friend/neighbour a mechanic  and see what he can do as he has dealt with this lots of times before  and he rebuilds these things  . Papa’s not happy about that as it can cost more then half the price we paid for it to fix .. the engine is fine but the hydraulics is the problem totally a separate thing  to the engine…  hydrostatic  my ass , we just need to find an old clunker that cuts and that’s got  no fancy shmansy   Hydraulics , just a good old fashioned  lawn tractor .  I find these days the more these things have to them the more it costs to replace  or fix !  GEESH ! 

                               Any who …. that’s my little post and rant …   nothing more nothing less lol !.

               Thunder is getting closer maybe it is coming over us after all…. one can only hope we get rain !

                                                      As I say all the time … It is what it is ..

                                                      Until next time ! Hope you all have a good day !

                                                                 Country Gal

8 comments:

RURAL said...

I hear you about the cost of fixing a old piece of machinery, no matter how good it is....sigh.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Like the bluebird.
Very pretty how you took it witht the branches blurred and him or her on the thin twig.

Jane and Chris said...

We had heavy rain overnight..thunderstorm this afternoon,along with bright sunshine and wind.No wonder the critters are confused! Hope you feel better.
Jane x

DeniseinVA said...

I was interested in the fact that your Blue Jays are migratory. We get them year round here. But other birds like the Goldfinch and the Grey Slated Junco seem to come and go. The Junco only returns in the wintertime. He's always a welcome friend and I never fail to smile when I see the first one. We always say the fancier they are (anything mechanical that is) the more there is to go wrong. The crazy weather world wide must be refusing the heck out of all the wildlife. Hope you feel better soon :)

Linda said...

Hi Elaine...
So glad to see the Blue Jay...we usually have a few pairs with babies at the cottage, but nothing this year...I had heard that the West Nile was responsible for dwindling numbers...Hope not!!!
I know what you mean about taking pictures of the same things! I sometimes feel the same way..but then I think...to hell with it! It's my blog, and I'll do what I want!! hahaha!
Hope the cottage got some rain...nothing much here...
Hope you are feeling better,soon...

Cheers!
Linda :o)

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

I don't miss the humidity out here in northern Alberta but Elaine, I sure miss blue jays. Haven't seen a one since we moved here a month ago!

grammie g said...

Hi Elaine... I have a old Craftsman Lawn tractor, with three flat tires you can have if you want to come get it haha!! It even starts, but makes a awful racket!
I have one of those cost so much to fix ones now : }}}

I always love pic's of Migg !!

Grace

ZielonaMila said...

Great post, beautiful photo:) Greetings