Woods Country Cove

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunlit Sunday

 

It has been crisp cold but sunny . The sky’s have been so clear with the brilliance of blue like a Safire.

JANUARY 2016 (2 of 28)

                                                                    I am joining in with Karen and others for .

Sunlit Sunday

 

JANUARY 2016 (1 of 25)

The sun rises have been getting earlier now and is slowly moving farther along the east to us .  I love how it shines in the front of the house .

JANUARY 2016 (3 of 23)

                               Sun shining on my butterfly globe with the anticipation of spring and summer on the horizon  !

JANUARY 2016 (1 of 23)

             Buds on my Geraniums  in the living room window getting closer each day to blooming as the sun warms them so !

JANUARY 2016 (5 of 23)

                                                                              And some of my Violets to !

JANUARY 2016 (4 of 10)-2

                      Good afternoon little  finch as he sits on our garden sign in the sun taking in the sights at the feeders !

JANUARY 2016 (2 of 10)-2

                             Mr Squirrel seems to be enjoying the seeds under the feeder in the light of the sun to !

Talking about the light from the sun I saw the moon last night shining brightly as it takes on the light of the sun in our night sky’s  ! I took this moon photo from inside through the window  !

JANUARY 2016 (10 of 10)-2

We enjoy the light from the Sun during the day, and then the comforting glow of the Moon at night. But the light coming from the Moon is an illusion. As you know, you’re actually seeing the reflected light from the Sun, bouncing off the Moon which acts like a mirror.  How cool is that .  Nature never  ceases to amaze me !

                                                                               Well thats if for me .

                                                                                      Until next time .

                                                                                  Country Gal

29 comments:

September Violets said...

Visiting from Sunlit Sunday ... we live in the same sort of area, and we were enjoying that brilliant blue sky yesterday too! You have some nice shots of the sunlight coming into your home to make things cozy during these cold days. Happy SUNday!
Wendy

Snap said...

Happy Wolf Moon! I love the sun on your Pfaltzgraff pitcher. I haven't seen a butterfly globe in ages. Lovely. Your violet is such a pretty pink. The little finch and squirrel are happy little dudes. Nature amazes me, too. Happy Sun Lit Sunday!

eileeninmd said...

Pretty images! Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Our days have been beautiful and that moon is awesome. I love that you appreciate and capture those moments as much as I do.. Incredible shots. Hug B

Michelle said...

Beautiful shots! Enjoy the week ahead!

Henny Penny said...

Your pictures are beautiful! We have sunshine here in North Carolina today! I am so happy!

Unknown said...

Yes thank goodness, our days are getting longer too. Slowly but surely Spring will be here and snow forgotten. Blessings for you this week.

William Kendall said...

Mr. Squirrel appreciates being able to devour all those seeds!

eclectichomelife said...

Nature always amazes me too. Wonderful moon shot from inside the window! Wow! His lovely that the geranium is almost really to open. That is sunlight right there x

Gail said...

I like your pictures and your pitcher.

Amy at love made my home said...

Beautiful sunlit moments. I hope that you have much sunshine this week. xx

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon, such beautiful pictures, love nature in all seasons.Blessings Francine.

Pondside said...

When I walk in the very early morning I enjoy the light from the moon over the water. It's such a nice change from the early morning darkness. I hope you are warm in your snowy part of the country!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your photos bring the thought of spring closer for many folks, but for myself, the inter weather is OK awhile longer even if we have no snow now...I know it's a'coming.

Anonymous said...

You captured some lovely sunlit scenes!

Dagmar said...

Looks like a happy weekend..have a great week.
;)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Great shots, your geranium is really lovely, and so nice to have this time of year, isn't it? All we're seeing right now is snow, snow, and more snow!

Linda said...

Great shots Elaine!
Have a great week...
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hello Ken and Elaine

I've loved reading your Sunlit post this week.
The buds are a hint of Spring which I'm sure gives you both joy!
It's always nice to see the birds and the comical little squirrel.
We don't have then in New Zealand but I've been fascinated to see them on my visits to the UK!

Following you now.
Happy January days
Shane

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

beuatiful images in this post. I especially love the little finch on your sign

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Great photo of the moon, my moon pics are always really rubbish - tiny and unimpressive!
Jillxo

Anvilcloud said...

Yes, the days are lengthening noticeable although we still have a long way to go.

On the moon, you can see earth rise at night. Imagine that!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Nature is quite amazing! Beautiful photos.

-Soma

Vee said...

Beautiful photographs and my favorite is of the deep yellow pitcher. The sky is beautifully blue here today as well and with the white snow looks gorgeous, though we are far enough north to have missed Jonas completely, thanks be to God.

Pamela Gordon said...

Beautiful sunlit photos Elaine. I'm really enjoying the sunshine we've had here the past 10 days and the longer hours of it too! Have a good week.

DeniseinVA said...

How wonderful, a lovely post! I thoroughly enjoyed all these pretty photos. Thanks Elaine :)

Lorrie said...

Beautiful photos of light in our world. Some direct, some reflected - it's all welcome. The buds of spring are always highly anticipated. The violet bloom is so pretty now, adding color in a season that can sometimes be dull.

zAzA said...

What lovely photos... And thank you for reminding me about sunlit Sunday :-) have a terrific sunshiny week.

My Little Home and Garden said...

I've been noticing the lengthening daylight hours and am quite enjoying them! Your pictures are so pretty; I love how the sunlight highlights the jug, bloom and bud. Your shot of the moon is so clear! It's amazing you took it through the window; better clean mine!

Karen