Woods Country Cove

Monday, January 4, 2016

Back To Normal

 

 

Well thats all the hoopla of Christmas and the new year done and now all is back to normal  , Papa is at work and Miggs and I are back into our daily routine .  We have had the odd snow squall here and there and the ground is frozen now but still no snow laying on it  , we are still green  and no sun was to be had for over a week but I see the sun rising this morning in the far south east and it is a welcomed sight .  The past few days the birdies have been far and few between at the feeders but  yesterday they all showed up at the feeders feasting like mad !

JANUARY 2016 (4 of 14)

JANUARY 2016 (8 of 14)

There are a mix of Goldfinch and Pine Siskens here and well the little Red Breasted Nut hatch showed up there to check out what a all the commotion is about , this is the first time this year I have seen the little guy  we have had 3 of  his cousins the White Breasted Nuthatch here since the beginning of the season  .  I love all the birdies we have here .

I am still a bit dizzy every now and then especially when laying down and on my back and I roll from my left side to my right never had this before maybe I have a pinched nerver or I do infact have an inner ear thing going on but I have no pain in my ear  weird it is ,  other then this I feel  pretty good , I will be making an appointment with our family  Dr  to get it checked out if I can get in, sometimes it can take a week or more  which is absoloutly nuts . Oh well .

                           Whilst we had snow squalls and windy cold conditions over the weekend Miggs was doing this .

JANUARY 2016 (12 of 14)

                                        Lack of sun shine  gets to our pets sometimes and they can get the winter BLAHS ! .

But  she is not laying about this morning  as the sun is shining Miggs is outside keeping an eye on the yard and chasing a squirrel right now up the tree lol  oh it is good to get back to nornmal again lol !

The days are getting lighter longer bit by bit and there are more things to photograph now to  . I am now thinking of my gardens as to what and where I want to plant more perennials . In the spring we will be building a white picket fence corner garden that Papa already has made and it is all sitting in his work shop waiting till spring .  Papa finished one side of the laundry/mudroom painting the panneling but where he will be putting the storage cupbords he will have to remove the panneling and put up gyprock walls cause they are stronger for holding up the cabinets and smoother for paining  so that will be an on going project for the rest of this season as Papa  works during the week  and only has the evenings and weekends to do it   , me I am no good at painting or building stuff like this   so I leave it up to him to get the job done right !

         Well thats it for me today  . Miggs and I are going for our walk  gona have to bundle up as it is cold out there- 10°C Feels like –18°C or  14°F Feels like 0°F  BRR !!  Then I must get some house cleaning done , it just doesnt cut it being down ill  for almost a week  for me I get behind on things and have to make up for it all lol  .

                                                                               Until next time .

                                                                                Country Gal

12 comments:

Gail said...

Glad you are feeling better.

Linda said...

I'm loving noticing how the days are stretching out a bit. It has been a lovely sunny day, went out this morning to do a few errands, just been sorting and cleaning this afternoon. I bet the picket fence garden will be lovely. It's a great time of year to dream and plan for the spring. I was going over what veggies grew well last year and planning what to get for this year. We have a couple of seedy Saturdays coming up in the next month or two so want to get a list ready for those days.

Anvilcloud said...

There's something to be said for the sunlight that usually accompanies really cold weather. Glad you are coming along even if it's not as quickly as you'd like.

William Kendall said...

It looks like the birds are happy!

Michelle said...

It is easy for pets and humans to get the winter blahs!

Deb said...

Your bird shots are fantastic, Elaine. I have never seen so much action at our feeders as I did yesterday. Time to make my own suet. Hope you are 1005 again soon. It's no fun for you to be down. Or for Miggs, either. lol Have a great evening and thank you for your kind words regarding our Sierra. xx

The Furry Gnome said...

Back to normal here too. Feels like i've come out of hibernation! Hope you like the snow pix i posted tonight - just for you!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I am nearly home now from my trip to Malawi and Zambia, just waiting at Heathrow for my flight this afternoon but thanks for leaving me all the comments when I was away. Happy New Year to you. Love the birds and Miggs in your garden. Happy walking

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful birds and cute shot of Miggs! Have a happy day!

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, yup, back to normal... Love the birdies, cute little Red Breasted Nuthatch I see. Miggs looks like she has the right idea...Blessings Francine.

NanaNor's said...

Dear Elaine, Love seeing your birds~we have doves and some sparrows around, but not much else. Hubby and I need to go on a drive looking for our wintering Eagles. I'm sorry you are still getting dizzy-sounds just like what I used to get. No pain at all, just the room spinning when I was laying down. I have heard that we have crystals in our inner ear that move and that it was causes it. Hope yours goes away quickly.
Warm, winter hugs to you.
Noreen

DeniseinVA said...

Your birds are lovely Elaine, and Miggs looks very comfortable. It's amazing how soon we settle back into a routine. It didn't take us but a couple of days when we got back from our vacation, and I thank you so much for visiting while we were gone. Happy New Year to you all :)