Woods Country Cove

Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Gift , Birds & Critters

 

First I cant beleive this is the last weekend of January already  WOW ! That went fast .

I got a lovely gift in the mail from a friend of mine whom I used to work with years ago,  she had told me to look for something in the mail  so I was excited and waiting . We keep in touch by email and phone calls and she pops in every now and then to check up on this blog .   Papa picked it up at our mailbox on his way home from work .  He came in and said you have a package  . Oh boy oh boy  I said . I opend it and this is what I got .

JANUARY 2016 (2 of 18)-2

A beautiful hand made Butterly chime for the inside of my house .  Oh isnt it lovely , see my friend knows how much I love butterflys  and she sent me a little note with it to . I hung it in my kitchen window  I had to close the blind to take a photo so I dont get the gloomy light from the day in the background and for the  picture the dark back ground helps to show the colours of the butterflys for the photo .   I then sent her an email thanking her . Thanks Char I love it !

Yesterday was a gloomy cold  windy day and not much was going on .. well with me anyways  but out side the birds and critters were busy feasting on and under the feeders and then they decided to flock on the shed roof for seeds from the tree and  fresh untouched snow , birds like to eat snow they use it as a sorce of water even if there is water in the winter out for them .

JANUARY 2016 (4 of 18)-2

There are all differnt breeds of birds here , some are Pine Siskins ,  some are  Gold Fnches , Sparrows and Juncos .

JANUARY 2016 (6 of 18)-2

                                                       Then two squirrles got into the action lol ! Notice no birds lol !

                 We had a dusting of snow yesterday and they were hunting for the seed from the feeders others drop instead of getting the seed from the feeders I guess seed and snow make a better meal lol  .

JANUARY 2016 (11 of 18)-2

                                                  This is the sceen I see every day  around my feeders !

JANUARY 2016 (16 of 18)-2

           They were flying and jumping from the tree to the roof and whilst on the roof they were pecking at the snow . I took all these from the inside of my upstairs hall window  so I could be higher up and to look down to get the photo, by the time I went down stairs to get more photos they had all flew up into the trees   . It can get quite loud  and busy with all the birds in our yard but I love it !

JANUARY 2016 (13 of 19)

As for Miggs well she just likes to lay on the patio under our porch on the mat by the kitchen sliding door  and watches the  commotion  thats going on in the yard . More like waiting for me to get dressed and stop taking photos to take her for a walk  at this time of the morning lol !   And that we do go for a walk every day !

The sun is shining today the winds are blowing but the temps are to warm up considerably highs are to hit +5 or 41°F that is  nice temps for us this time of year especially with the sun shining  just hope the winds calm down or blow warmer air .

  I have noticed that my google friend connect followers have been deminishing and was wondering what was going on , well I found out  .

Just a heads up !

During the past weekend, Blogger started the process of simplifying Following. This involves removing non Google accounts and profiles from Following.

As part of this plan, starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count. So those who have gone from your followers are followers who do not have a google account  and were following by another sorce . Doesn’t seem simple to me for the people that were following and now cant .  So if you are finding that your folllowers are dimishing this is why !

                                  Any who thats It for me  today , the sun is shining and I am out a here lol  .

                                                                                 Until next time .

                                                                     Country Gal

11 comments:

Linda said...

Boy oh boy, Google/Blogger are making it hard for us that don't use them to stay connected.
The butterfly chime is gorgeous, perfect for cheering you up on dull winter days.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wow you have lots of birds to feed there. Great shots. Enjoy your weekend!

Anvilcloud said...

What a nice present to brighten up the winter, and what a plethora of birds.

I have never used the blogger follow system. I use Feedly to keep track of what I want no matter what the platform.

William Kendall said...

People are still able to keep track by email as I understand it. I noticed a couple of days ago and wondered if I had driven readers away from my blogs.

The butterfly chimes are pretty!

Deb said...

It's always so nice to receive a package in the mail. I'm sure that will bring you much pleasure. Lots of birds at your place. It's great that you look after them on these cold days. Deb

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a lovely, and thoughtful present from your friend -- It's perfect!!

And I stand by what I said on my last visit -- The birds really do love what you're serving, and it looks like the squirrels know that too! :-)

I saw the drop in followers on my blog - What will blogger think of next? Should I dare ask?

Dagmar said...

You have a lot of critters and birds visiting, they must be so glad that there is food around your home.
Xo'Dagmar

Gill - That British Woman said...

love the mobile, very pretty. You certainly have a lot of birds in your garden. We have very few.

Gail said...

What a beautiful gift.

Bird song and wind chimes...perfect.

September Violets said...

What a nice flock of birds you get at your feeders! Good thing Miggs like to just watch the birds and doesn't go after them. Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)
Wendy

Michelle said...

What a beautiful gift!