Woods Country Cove

Thursday, January 28, 2016

A Day Of This & That

 

We have been getting snow fall but it is just a dusting no major accumulations  but the winds have been blowing and cold and the land has been damp  BRR ! that kind of cold damp that gets right to the bone  and that I cant handle  so it keeps me in more where it is dry and warm , but I do occationally pop out to take a photo or two , seems I cant go a day with  out taking photos of some thing,  its like an addiction for me lol !

JANUARY 2016 (19 of 19)                                            Sparrow Hawk in wait for birds to wake up and go to the feeders !

Not a very good photo but first thing when Miggs and I got up yeasterday I looked out the upstairs hall window as we were coming down the stairs and I saw this sitting on our garden sign ,  It was still quite dark out and I couldnt quite see  what it was but I clued in fast and figured it to be a hawk so as we got down the stairs I came to our sliding doors in the kitchen that faces this garden sign and I got my camera and took photos the best I could from in side through the window cause I knew as soon as I start to open the sliding doors he would take off and that he did !  It was a lovely thing to wake up to I thought and I am glad  the bridies were spared  as he never came back !

JANUARY 2016 (5 of 19)

Hard to see but later in the morning we had soo many finches at and under the feeders feasting like angry birds lol !

JANUARY 2016 (8 of 19)

 

JANUARY 2016 (11 of 19)

                                                Other then the birdies at some of the feeders it has been pretty quiet here  .

JANUARY 2016 (17 of 19)

Saw this little guy peeking out the hedges as he watched to make sure the yard was safe from dog lol Miggs was in at the time so your ok little bunny !

Later in the afternoon Miggs went out and was sniffing about after this bunny and the Squirrels that had been back and forth through the yard and to stop here and there at their feeders .  Miggs .. our Miggs a going concern of fun and happiness  our Never Ending Story , have you seen or do you remeber that movie Never Ending Story with the big flying wonderful beast in . well this is that beast .  102216958_14b2c62966

                                                                                         And this is our Miggs .                                                     

   JANUARY 2016 (1 of 9)

If you google the Never Ending Story beast and see all the facecial expressions  and if you are a fan of our Miggs and have seen the thousands of photos of her and her  expressions  then you can see how much she reminds us of this beast and she really is Our Never Ending Story as she birngs so much fun and joy to each and every day of our lives ! I do love this movie by the way one of my favorites ! as for Miggs well she is the love of our life and our teddy bear .

JANUARY 2016 (7 of 9)

JANUARY 2016 (4 of 9)

                                                                     Miggs is on the trail of a squirrel  !

Well thats it for us today  it is cold gloomy and to be snowing a bit on and off  so a day to snuggle down with a good book , a movie or two or read blogs  and putter about and maybe bundle up for a walk or a play in the yard  who knows all I know is with Miggs by my side everything is good  and a Never Ending Story  .

                                                                         Until next time .

                                                                   Country Gal

8 comments:

William Kendall said...

She's such an expressive doggie!

Nice to see the wascally wabbit!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I don't think I've ever seen that many finches in one place like that -- You must really have some good eats for them! :-)

As for the Never Ending Story beast, I never thought of Miggs looking like "Falkor the Luck Dragon " -- But now that you mention it, she really does! Its been a long time since I've seen the movie, and now when I do, I'll no doubt think of your beautiful girl!

Linda said...

We had some snow yesterday morning, but by afternoon most had gone from roads and the driveway. I love seeing the tracks in the new snow ... today there are bunny tracks, cat tracks, the squirrel tracks and of course hundreds of bird tracks.

Anvilcloud said...

We are also getting dustings these days.

Gail said...

I love that movie and Miggs!

Linda Kay said...

I have to say I much prefer Miggs to that flying beast! No snow for us....70s today.

NanaNor's said...

Elaine, I love Miggs and never saw the resemblance before-I loved that movie but my girls didn't. We had a hawk on our pergola the other night and it was taking apart a black bird. I know it's nature, but all I could think of was the mess below and that Hunter might get into something that would not be good for him. So hubby shooed it away-go eat your spoils elsewhere.
Hope your area warms up; we've had nice days here the last week or so and I'm not looking forward to the huge snow storm that is headed our way.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Noreen

Amy at love made my home said...

She really does have some great expressions doesn't she! xx