Woods Country Cove

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Yummy !

 

WOW !   It’s September already  !  where does the time go ?

This morning I went around and changed all my calendar's and as I was doing that my mom in law  they live next door , brought over some wonderful beef steak tomatoes from their garden !

DSC_2249

                  Papa and I like them in sandwiches with ham , mayo and pepper  MMMMM !

DSC_2250 

                     I also like them in a toasted sandwich and on our burgers !

I would like to have my own raised veggie garden for next year and am working on getting one built ! My mum was amazing at growing veggies on our hobby farm , I hope I have her knack at growing veggies !

        The weather out side isn’t to bad getting a bit humid but there is a nice breeze . It’s the Labour  Day weekend here and we don't have anywhere we need to be or have to go so Papa , Miggy and I are just going to enjoy  our yard and puttering around . I may go and take photos around the village this weekend I haven’t decided !

On Thursday one of the riders whom is also an event  judge from our saddle club came to pick her photos for a collage that Papa will be working on this weekend ! Other then that pretty much a simple quiet  long weekend here at the Cove !

                       Until next time hope you all have a wonderful day !

                                            Country Gal

6 comments:

Patsy said...

What could be better? Have a good Labour Day weekend.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh yum, many possible fixings in the simple yet delicious tomato. I love them and lucky you to get them this fresh. Have a great weekend!

Anna Hanley said...

Tomatoes look yummy! We slice our tomato and sliced mozzarella layered with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and italian herbs- yummy! Enjoy your weekend!!Anna

Crystal said...

mmm, my mother in law also brought me tomatoes today :)

Kay said...

Those are some good looking tomatoes. Fall has always been my favorite season but here in SoCal it takes a little longer for it to get to us.

Buttons Thoughts said...

I am sorry I have to go now I am really craving a tomato sandwich:) B