Woods Country Cove

Monday, July 15, 2013

WOW ! Hot & Steamy

 

Holly crap is it hot out there .  Miggs and I have been in the best part of the day ! We went for our walk early this morning and even then it was muggy and getting hot !

Summer 2013 (6 of 6)

And this is in the shade ? WOW ! They say the humidex is making it feel  well over 100 !

I filled the birds fountain bath this morning with fresh cold water and added ice to it then put up my garden umbrella which really is a beach umbrella lol to keep the water cool for them !

Summer 2013 (2 of 6)

No way am I going out there so I took the photos from inside the kitchen  as earlier I walked out for a bit and felt like I hit a brick wall it was so hot and steamy out . We have lots of big trees in and around the property but with no breeze it is still stifling !

Summer 2013 (5 of 6)

                           So this is what we are doing today indoors in the cool ! 

Summer 2013 (1 of 6)

Ok this is what Miggs is doing indoors lol ! I just finished my house work and now am having a cool drink and relaxing . No rain in sight for a while so at sun set I will be watering my gardens fighting off the deer fly’s buzzing around me looking for some fresh meat to bite into and  as I wave one arm around keeping them at bay and the hose in the other watering my gardens tripping over either the hose or my crocs looking like a complete nut job all at the same time lol !

                                      Oh the joys of living in a country valley village !

                                        Honesty ? I wouldn’t have it any other way !

          Until next time have a good day and stay cool and careful in this heat wave we are all having !

                                                             Thanks for popping by !

                                                              Country Gal

10 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Pretty photos, love the header too. It's a hot one. I just checked and we are 88.2 F. but it feels much hotter. in the 90s tomorrow. I have also done the same with the water for the bird bath except it's under the shade of the tree as I don't have a big umbrella. We were out for a while this morning. I was very glad to get indoors. Have a good one and stay cool :)

Crafty Gardener said...

Miggs, I hardly recognize you ... but bet you are cooler.
It was an inside day here too, even walking on the deck scorched my feet!

Terra said...

Your gardens are charming and I love how you put up the umbrella to shade the bird bath. You are a sweetheart. Stay cool.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Wow your birds are very lucky indeed:) Take care in the heat the next few days I am haying:) B

Willow said...

Oh it looks very pretty out your window. Stay cool ..Miggs has the right idea.

Michelle said...

Stay cool! It is about to heat up around here!

Barbara Rogers said...

Who's that short haired dog? Well, the eyebrows give him away!

RURAL said...

It's not good when it feels like a brick wall, we went through that a few weeks ago...

Just wring me out please...I am soaked.

Jen

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Thanks for dropping by Elaine. It is hot hot hot still. Managed to get some pics of Bandit and Lexus on the hay bales but not too long of that. Fans and one window ac here too hasn't made much of a difference yet, hitting a cool shower soon. Stay cool. x

Maria at inredningsvis said...

What a lovely blog you have here:) Do you have bloglovin to follow with??

Check out my blog...If you want some cute Swedish decor inspiration:)

Have a grea weekend dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(sweden)