Woods Country Cove

Love Of Nature, Photography, Gardening And Country Valley Living

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

IN MEMORY

It is 15 years ago today my dad passed away. He had struggled with cancer of the esophagus  for 2 years. He suffered from bad heartburn before he was diagnosed with cancer, back then Acid Reflux disease was not yet discovered. I to this day think that it was the Acid Reflux that  we called back then heartburn caused the cancer in his esophagus even though he was a smoker, of course that didn't help , but I still feel that if this disease was discovered  back then he may still be alive today, he was only 63 !

    Love you always dad !  Dad

5 comments:

Patsy said...

Sorry your dad died with cancer, my dad died 20 years ago this pass May today would have been his 97 birthday Like you I miss my dad very much.

Farmchick said...

What a great picture! So sorry you had to lose your Dad at such a young age.

Hope you can stop by and say hi. Also read about my up and coming Have a Holly Jolly Christmas Recipe swap. I would love to have you participate and share some of your family recipes, crafts or traditions. :)

Carol said...

I know how hard it is to lose a father so young. My dad was only 46. They are always with us though. Take good care today. ;>)

Anonymous said...

I always Loved Grandma and Grandpa.

They were the only grandparent's i looked forward to seeing. Grandma and her good old give ya a bunch of five telling that to me when i wasn't behaving. And well Sadly i don't remember too much about Grandpa only due to the fact i was so young (5) i do remember watching him play with the dog and help in the garden occasionally (provided Grandma let him anywhere NEAR her flowers)..

but the few memories i DO still remember about them i will take with my rest of my time here.

I love you all so much <3

Spud:-)

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am sorry..he was very handsome and it sounds like you have some good memories:)