Woods Country Cove

Friday, November 27, 2015

Busy But Not Busy

 

Have you ever had one of those weeks were your busy but not busy ? .Well I have had one of those weeks this week . Busily puttering here and there ! It has been quiet  here and the weather has been a mix of warm,  chilly, sunny and cloudy .   I have still seen the odd moth about and fly and mosquito  and I think they are well confused with the warm spell we have been having  , why this  morning when we got up the temps were 13C or 56F that is strangely warm for us this time of year  and there fore nature is all in a tiswas   .

NOVEMBER 2015 (5 of 12)-2

NOVEMBER 2015 (2 of 12)-2

                                Madam , I said to her,  it isn't time to nest as she kept trying to stuff grasses and twigs in !

NOVEMBER 2015 (3 of 12)-2

From a distance I watched this Crow put the attack on this Hawk  pretty brutal fight in mid air if it were two planes they would call it a dog fight .

NOVEMBER 2015 (4 of 12)-2

The Crow is attacking from right underneath the Hawk . Eventually the Hawk got the picture and took off !

NOVEMBER 2015 (10 of 12)-2

Yup still the odd Robin hanging about they like to feast on the crab apple berries and I saw they were living in the big spruce trees in the back 40 !

NOVEMBER 2015 (12 of 12)-2

Mr Cardinal one of many we have here was scrounging for seed on the ground with his Sparrow buddies as he called to the wife Mrs Cardinal to come down and eat . They would of been on the feeder but Mr Blue Jay was being a feeder hog .

NOVEMBER 2015 (1 of 12)-2

                                                       And Miggs well she is always on yard duty !

NOVEMBER 2015 (6 of 12)-2

NOVEMBER 2015 (8 of 12)-2

I cant believe it is the last weekend of November already  where does the time go? !   Tomorrow myself and the girls of the family are going to a Christmas craft show  and on Sunday  Papa, myself and the  family are going to a nice Victorian Inn mansion called The Elm Hurst Inn for a lovey Family Christmas Brunch Buffet all you can eat and all fresh home made  YUMMY !   I haven't quite got into the Christmas spirit or decorating yet  , I am going to say it , I need snow to get into the Christmas spirit not a lot but some would help  . I usually don't decorate  till two weeks before  , if I decorate now I get bored of it all so fast  before Christmas is even here .  Oh well I am sure I will get my Christmas groove on soon lol I used to go hog wild with the decorations and a big tree but now a days  we go simple and small and with our little Charlie brown table top tree just a simple country Christmas for us  lol .

                                                   Well that’s it for me , hope all have a good weekend .

                                                                                Until next time .

                                                                      Country Gal

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned. Love the birds and your swqeet Miggs. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Martha said...

It sounds like you're going to have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Amazing photos of the crow and hawk! I've seen crows chase our resident owls more than once -- It truly is a brutal fight!

But I've had that same kind of week you've had. However, I'm not being productive at all -- Today, I was just lazy, and I'm too embarrassed to say just how lazy I was. There is always tomorrow for me! I hope you have fun at the craft show, and a good weekend!

Primitive Stars said...

Love that Cardinal!!!! No snow yet I see, our ground is white not green.Blessings Francine.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I think some people get into Christmas decoration far too early, you are wise this year, wait for the sprinkling of snow! Love your birds and Miggs shots. Have a wonderful weekend.

Elizabeth said...

A simple country Christmas sounds great !

Anvilcloud said...

It sure looks spring-like in these photos.

Gail said...

Maybe the nest builder is saying it's going to be an easy winter.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You still have Robins and birds building nests...must be spring like there:)

sweetbriardreams said...

I often look at the birds in our garden and say no, don't start building! So much worry!! I spent the day decorating the house so I feel like I am in santa's grotto already, but at least that's one thing off the list :-) Take care and a big cuddle to Miggs xx

Henny Penny said...

Same here with the weather. It was about 70 degrees yesterday. We have lots of Robins coming in. Poppy said yesterday, if you want any Holly with red berries, you had better bring it in now. The Robins are back.
Your pictures are really good. That is some fight in the air!

Dagmar said...

Looks like the birds are happy at your home. I hope you get your snow soon to get into the holiday spirit..your weekend plans sounds wonderful.
Xo
Dagmar

Rosella said...

I'm with you on simplifying the Christmas decor. I used to go "hog wild" as well and I just don't even like that look anymore. We were just at Elm Hurst Inn on Thursday evening for a Michael Buble tribute and dinner - the food was fantastic indeed! Our paths almost crossed there! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.

William Kendall said...

What lovely company to have around!