Woods Country Cove

Thursday, June 20, 2013

I Finally Did It !

 

I was sitting on the front porch early this morning in my jammies wrapped in my blanket  as it was chilly enjoying my cup of tea with my camera in hand and my buddy Miggs by my side whilst the sun was rising . I have two Hummer feeders in the front as this year I noticed the Hummers were occupying the big tree at the end of the driveway that reaches over part of the front porch !

The little hummer was playing with me for a bit but I finally got photos of him and stopped his wings in flight  WOOHOO ! It has taken me a long time to get the right setting on my camera and time it all perfectly ! My settings were  ISO 400  Fstop 4.5  Shutter speed  1/2000 of a second !

Spring 2013 (16 of 17)

                           I love these little guys , they are playful when one has a camera on them !

Spring 2013 (9 of 17)

Then he decided to take a little break on the tiny hanger of his feeder and let me take more photos of him !                                    

Spring 2013 (1 of 1)

                                                        Tomorrow is the first day of !

                                                                   Summer Open-mouthed smile

                         and I am loving the beautiful weather and all the nature that goes with it !

                                          Until next time  have a great day & Thanks for popping by !

                                                               Country Gal

                                                       

                                           

                                   

 

9 comments:

Alica said...

Love these beauties...great shots!

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

I like them dancing in the air !

Willow said...

Spectacular shots !!! Love them . I adore hummingbirds we have so many on the farm. I can never get a clear photo. So belive me when I say I can appreciate that you thought out your shots so well ..fantastic.

Muffy's Marks said...

They are fun to capture. I got a few shots of our hummers too. Hubby said if I were using 35mm film instead of digital, I'd have to get a part time job. It seems it takes about a million tries to get one good shot.

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Great capture~ I giggled when you wrote you were covered in a blanket... BOY, we could use some cool weather.

Jane and Chris said...

They are amazing shots,my friend. Well done! You have made Miss Hummingbird a star!!
Jane x

Primitive Stars said...

Yes you did, love the Hummers too, really wonderful pictures you captured....Happy Summer, Francine.

Gail said...

Prize winning shots here!!!!!! Fantastic job.

grammie g said...

HI Elaine...Just wonderful shot's,especially the first one!!
Grace