Woods Country Cove

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Springing Forward

 

Yup the clocks as we say spring forward  one hour as of 2am last night .  The mornings sun rises  will be a bit later for now but  the sun sets later in the evenings to but today we are cloudy with sun and rain is on the way . The temps have been lovely and warm .

MARCH 2016 (2 of 9)

Papa and I were out side yesterday after we took the girls to the vet for their yearly check up and shots all healthy, which is a good thing cause this morning Miggs cornered a raccoon , he was hissing and growling at her so we got her away and was able to get him on his way  , that was a wake up call I tell ya  not to often she gets that close to one  , I checked her for any scratches as he may have done in self defense but all is good  . Any who  yesterday  Papa started up the tractors and got them running for a bit as they have been sitting all winter to get things going and check them out  , my  old tractor Betsy has to go for a bit of a tune up in the next few weeks so we will get her all fixed up .

Spring is in the air for sure here as Chippy has been out and about a lot these past few days stocking up on food .

MARCH 2016 (2 of 11)

MARCH 2016 (5 of 11)

The Robins have been plucking worms and grubs from the grass and gardens  , bobbing about and chasing each other .

MARCH 2016 (3 of 11)

MARCH 2016 (6 of 11)

                                This time of year I take a lot of Robin photos  as they are my favorite song bird lol !

MARCH 2016 (7 of 11)

Mr Robin here looks like he has quite the smug look on his face as he searches for food and watches me take his photo lol ! Kind of saying  , watch ya looking at lady ? !

MARCH 2016 (8 of 11)

Then Mrs Robin came down and took over for the camera lol ! I am so enjoying hearing them sing and chirp chirp  , music to my ears , talking about that  I have heard the peepers in the marsh and down by the river at night now , another beautiful sound I so enjoy hearing .

MARCH 2016 (11 of 11)

I saw this sliver of the moon outside my window  last night just before we went to bed . To this day I still think it is amazing that the moons light comes from the sun . Moonlight is the light  that reaches Earth from the moon consisting mostly of sunlight, with some starlight and earthlight reflected from those portions of its surface which the Sun's light strikes  amazing isn't it ? .Sunlit Sunday

                               Well that's it for me for now   joining Karen and others at My Little Home and Garden for Sunlit Sunday

                                                                          SPRING is just around the corner  .

                                                                                            Until next time .

                                                                                      Country Gal A7973

17 comments:

Martha said...

I'm glad to hear that everything turned out okay with Miggs. And it looks so lovely where you are. It's been very beautiful around here, too. Spring is in the air. This is my favourite time of the year. The days are getting longer, the birds are singing and everything is waking up!

eileeninmd said...

YAY for spring! I love having the longer daylight hours. Great photos! Have a happy week ahead!

Lois Evensen said...

I'm glad Miggs didn't get hurt. Ours occasionally corner a wild one here, too, and we are careful to get them away quickly.

Happy Spring!

William Kendall said...

I haven't seen any chipmunks here yet, but we still have a lot of snow to melt. I moved the clocks on everything but my mobile, which automatically updated during the night.

Gail said...

Always good to have those inoculations just in case.

Looks as if spring has arrived there, too.

Enjoy!

Linda said...

Have a great week Elaine...
Love your Robins....
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Michelle said...

Nice to see that Robin!

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely signs of spring and a beautiful moon shot!

The Furry Gnome said...

Your Robins must be really camera friendly!

Anvilcloud said...

Good grief. That thermometer is very hot for March. I just read that worldwide, February was the warmest ever.

Pamela Gordon said...

You are really getting an early spring there Elaine. I'm waiting to see and hear those spring birds arrive and the peepers. The ponds are still frozen here but the rivers are mostly ice free now.

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Beautiful photos. You're so lucky to be listening to the robins and the peepers already. Our pond is still all white, I have no idea how much of it is frozen still. I could listen to the peepers for hours but I guess I'll have to wait. Enjoy your week, Kelly.

Dagmar said...

Glad to hear your dear pets had good check ups..happy spring forward.
Xo
Dagmar

Pondside said...

Those first few days of songbird song are such a treat - when you go outside and are surprised by it. Your moon shot is lovely - a silver sliver.

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

Oh boy my husband said many years ago they had a guy that hunted on their farm and one of his dogs was killed by a raccoon. They're cute but can be vicious! Glad your pup didn't get harmed. The chipmunks came out last week and have been scurrying around. They're cute but cause me anxiety because they are known to dig up some of my plants. I have heard that the robins are back but I have yet to see them. Since all our snow is gone they can find their bugs/worms more easily now. I noticed the moon the othernight just like this- you caught a great shot of it!

Lorrie said...

Chippy is a cute little fellow peeking from behind the tree. Robins are so much fun to watch, and their song is beautiful. I love waking up in the morning and hearing the birds singing as I lie in bed.

My Little Home and Garden said...

It's so wonderful to hear the robins singing again, although I haven't glimpsed too many just yet. Spring is such a wonderful season, full of new life and promise.

Karen