Woods Country Cove

Friday, December 5, 2014

Our Walk In The Back 40 Of Our Valley

 

The weather was lovely sunny and quite warm yesterday almost spring like . Miggs and I took two walks yesterday , our usual one in the morning and this one in the afternoon through the back 40 of our valley . I took my camera and found some interesting things to photograph  , So here we go  hang in there this will be a photo heavy walk lol !

DECEMBER 2014 (2 of 50)

                                                             One of the paths we take  through the field .

DECEMBER 2014 (3 of 50)

                                          That passes by Mr Yak in his farm field I call him Fernando !

DECEMBER 2014 (4 of 50)

Look closely to the right of the photo and Fernando  there is his goat buddy peeking out from the grasses .

DECEMBER 2014 (7 of 50)

DECEMBER 2014 (8 of 50)

DECEMBER 2014 (12 of 50)

DECEMBER 2014 (13 of 50)

                   We have lots of pretty wild grasses , gnarly trees and vines on this walk to enjoy and photograph !

DECEMBER 2014 (22 of 50)

DECEMBER 2014 (28 of 50)

DECEMBER 2014 (21 of 50)

DECEMBER 2014 (18 of 50)

Miggs loves walking this trail but I have to keep her on her leash or she gets lost in the bush in the back lol !

DECEMBER 2014 (14 of 50)

DECEMBER 2014 (17 of 50)

                                                                            Just a few of the gnarly trees .

DECEMBER 2014 (30 of 50)

                                                                                   And bushes !

DECEMBER 2014 (39 of 50)

              All this is just steps from our house and there's lots more to  this valley but this is my fave area as way back in those trees there is a river the Otter river it travels through the lower part of the valley , here we are on higher grounds of the valley !! !

DECEMBER 2014 (40 of 50)

                                                    Way over there is the roof of our Woods Country Cove !

DECEMBER 2014 (32 of 50)

            I found in this bush and forest path where the deer sleep at night as the area is all pushed down and tiny dainty hoof marks are left behind  and other things lol ! Miggs was interested in lol !

 DECEMBER 2014 (6 of 50)

                                                            I love the big old Spruce and pine trees !

We get a lot of wild life in these forests and on the paths but one has to be there just at the right time to capture them on camera , I was going to say film lol sorry old age showing for a sec lol . One day I want to get a wild life night cam and set it up in this area and see what critters lurk here .

DECEMBER 2014 (48 of 50)

I took loads of photos as I enjoy archiving them all to have a look back and see how much the weather and land has changed  this time each year . On our way back I took a closer shot of our house tucked in behind the Cedars .

DECEMBER 2014 (44 of 50)

Then as we got closer to our house I saw our Harley up in her window enjoying the warm sun watching us !

DECEMBER 2014 (50 of 50)

So that was a bit of our back 40 walk in our part of the valley , I love just going and getting lost in it’s beauty any time of the year listening to the birds in the trees and bushes and just listening the occasional hush that comes over  the  valley forest  !

                                                                        Until next time          

                                                                              Country Gal

17 comments:

Linda Kay said...

Fernando looks like he could be in a bull fight! Loved your very country pictures this morning. The milkweed picture is very unique with the stuffing coming out. Glad Miggs got to walk along with you.

Jane and Chris said...

Fernando is HUGE.I'd be giving him a wide berth,and sneaking past so he doesn't notice me!
I love the plant husk that looks like a lace pendant ball..really beautiful.
Jane x

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

thank you for taking us along with you and Miggs on your walk. I did enjoy seeing all your shots however the best was the close up of the seed head,

Patsy said...

That is a wonderful walk and I know Miggs loves it, poor Harley looks like he would like to have gone on the walk.

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a glorious day for a walk with so many interesting things to photograph. it started cool this morning, quite cloudy but is warming up above 0 as the day goes one ... perhaps rain tomorrow.

William Kendall said...

I don't think I've ever seen a yak on a farm... but this one's an impressive fellow. Harley likes to keep an eye on you!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You are fortunate to have such wonderful open spaces to walk in. I hope there is a big fence between you and the big bull, an odd combination for his playmate!
I notice you didn't see any deer but at least you know where they're sleeping.

Primitive Stars said...

What a v beautiful walk, I love the sights you have. That Fernando is big and handsome, sweet wee goat too. Thanks for sharing,Blessings Francine. .

Pamela Gordon said...

You are so lucky to have such a beautiful back 40 to roam on! I love the photos and the Yak is an unusual animal to see for sure. He is really big and scary looking. I thought it was a bull! :) Thanks for the tour!

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Seems like you had a beautiful day !

Michelle said...

That is a big bull!

DeniseinVA said...

Glad you and Miggs had a great walk. Thanks for taking us along. Those photos are great.

Buttons Thoughts said...

No I enjoyed every step of our back forty walk thank you for taking me along. Oh Fernando is a handsome fella:) Incredible photos. Hugs B

Knatolee said...

Lovely photos! What a contented-looking kitty!

I left a response to your comment on my blog, but in case you don't see it, we live about 30 minutes northeast of Cornwall, almost right at the Quebec border, near Alexandria. :)

Crystal said...

Looks like a wonderful walk! And such a nice day too, so much to see I love seeing the trees we have so few around here

Amy at love made my home said...

It was lovely to go on such a sunny and happy walk with you! xx

TexWisGirl said...

the bull is pretty cool!

so is harley. :)