Woods Country Cove

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

RAIN & MEMORIES !

It's rainy and cold again today. I have made chicken stew in the slow cooker for supper and been going through old photos again. This weekend is Thanksgiving for us. A holiday in which brings sadness to our hearts . Two years ago on Thanksgiving my mum suddenly passed away at her home. It was the worst phone call I have ever had . Hubby and I were at  his parents for the weekend. So needless to say this holiday is hard for us.  I always think about it more the week before Thanksgiving. My father passed 15 years ago Nov 17th that was hard as well. These old photos have brought back  happy and sad memories for me . I like to think that our mum & dad's spirits have found each other  and are happy again !

 

mum 2Mum and Dad 5

I have more old family photos on our K & E PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG 

http://kandewoodphotography.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Laura said...

It is always very hard to enjoy holidays when important losses" happened in such particular periods of the year.
I wish to you that their love and their memory live with you for ever.
Laura

Verde Farm said...

So sorry for your sadness. I believe it is always hard at the holidays when you lose someone you love. I lost my dad almost 4 years ago and I don't know that the holidays will ever be the same as before. Hope you have a good family time and cherish your memories.
Amy

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

i am so sorry and know how you feel...daddy passed suddenly feb 13th 2008 and i too got that phone call. i will never forget the pain and the shock. i am glad you have your hubby and animals. christmas was the last time i saw my dad so now it will be forever tainted. life is so hard at times...please take care. glad you have the old pics...i have lots too and made a nice memory book for my mom on shutterfly...