Woods Country Cove

Friday, April 6, 2018

SURPRISE !!!! REALLY?!

                                         YIKES  !! Look what we woke up to this morning .




Snow REALLY ?!  , first thing I said when seeing this and then I said this,  ok I have had ENOUGH !! Go away  Old Man Winter,  Mrs Spring it is to be, me rolling eyes at the time and 😝 it all !

                    Well it was very mild out and the snow that was falling was very wet . Accumulating more then I wanted though .

But because it was so mild out it made it all so pretty and pleasant to be out in really ! Quiet and serene it was  so quiet I could hear the snow fall and land on everything .


So I decided to get out there with Miggs and enjoy it regardless of how I felt about having this much snow dumped on us after having lots of spring scenery .


Miggs and I went for a walk as it slowed down snowing and started to brighten up . We enjoyed our walk  and realized that it all was starting to melt fast already .
Photos above were taken with my  bigger  camera, the rest were with my smart phone .

                       One of our paths in the woods by the field we love to walk on .


                                    This field and wooded area is right behind our house .


Miggs is doing well and  continues to improve with her leg , walking and strengthening it more and more each day .


 It was a lovely walk . Now the sun is shining as it is popping in and out and it is warm , the temps have risen even more  ,  the snow is melting fast  as it all drips off of everything now . The trees are almost bare of snow already and the road is just about clear , wet and slushy for now .   Old man Winter may have reared his ugly head for us earlier today but the warmth of the sun, land and Mrs Springs temps have got the better of him this time , like the wicked witch, he is MELLLTING !!!  happy dance here 💃 !  la la la , cha cha ! lol !

                                                                Until next time

                                                                                  Country Gal 😊




6 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots! That is my kind of weather!

Martha said...

What beautiful scenery. I'm not happy about the snow but it does look pretty!

Anvilcloud said...

There's something not right about this weather. :)

Rosella said...

That white stuff isn't melting over here today but at least the sun is out. It's the Maple Syrup Festival in Elmira today so I know that Spring is just around the corner - right?!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

The snow is really pretty, but I'm with you on that happy dance that it's melting quickly -- Our last snow did too. Thank-goodness!

I did have a chat with a local bird expert, and it's time for us to put up our hummingbird feeders. Crazy when snow was in our forecast for today. But I guess those little ones are going to need some fuel when they get here to recharge their batteries, since there are no flowers.

Stay warm, and I hope you've had a good weekend!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While I did enjoy all these wintry photos, Elaine, certainly you were not expecting to post them after the previous ones about Spring coming in. We have also had cold weather continuing here in nashua, NH and had snow coming down on Friday too but it melted as quickly as it fell.