Woods Country Cove

Sunday, April 22, 2018

It Was A Lovely Weekend


Oh my , we finally have spring and this weekend was awesome . Not a cloud in the sky , plenty of sunshine and the temps both days hit a high of 18C or 64F and the breezes were even warm  .

Papa ,Miggs and myself were outside all weekend puttering , tiding up the yard  the gardens and getting things like the tractor’s out and running checking them over getting them ready for the season , getting our garden hoses hooked up , having campfires and Chiminea fires going and setting up my little bird fountain  and just soaking all the wonderful weather in . Our  Brown Thrasher birds returned today  , love hearing them chit chat and the Tree Swallows and Purple Martins returned yesterday and usually the Barn Swallows follow shortly after , I love the return of our warmer weather birdies . All our trees have buds on them as do our shrubs and bushes and our spring flowers are close to blooming .

I will share some of the many photos I took over the weekend .

APRIL 2018 (23 of 34)

                            Of course lots of these photos are of birdies lol  since they are all so active now in the yard .

APRIL 2018 (5 of 34)

APRIL 2018 (9 of 34)

This little Junco above will be leaving us soon , I wish they stayed  here over the warmer months !

APRIL 2018 (17 of 34)                            

                                             Little Chickadee below was busy cracking open a seed and just ignored me lol !

APRIL 2018 (10 of 34)APRIL 2018 (33 of 34)

Miggs has been doing well and loving the weather to but here she is tired from following Papa and I about all day supervising .

20180421_112318(1)

There were lots of sticks and branches about the yard from the winds we had from a week ago  and after I raked them all up I put them into the fire pit and had my first campfire of the season  .

So that was just some picks I took of our wonderful  spring weekend , the spring weather that we have been waiting for . The rest of the week is to be warm to and sunny for the most part but will have a day or two of showers  but that's ok it helps with the May flowers lol ! APRIL 2018 (2 of 34)

A photo of the moon in the west I took Sunday evening to end this wonderful weekend we had . As I stood there taking this photo the peppers were singing in the darkness of the evening as their sound echoed through out the valley  as a perfect ending to what was a lovely weekend.

                                                                              Until next time

                                                                                  Country Gal

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, sweet birds and photos. I love your Miggs, she is adorable. Pretty capture of the moon. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

Anvilcloud said...

Yes, it was. People were out and about for the first time in about 5 months.

William Kendall said...

Lovely birds!

It's warmed up here as well.

Linda said...

Finally, it has been nice enough to be outside. The birds were singing away most of the day.

Linda said...

Enjoy Elaine!
Cheers!
Linda :o)