Woods Country Cove

Friday, September 30, 2016

Rainy Days

 

We have had more rain in the past few days then we have had all through the summer where we really  needed it . It has been rainy damp cold  windy and just plain BLAH !  Miggs and I have gone for a very short walk  as it has been pouring on and off and the off doesn't last long   .  I cant believe it is that last day of September  my goodness where do the days , weeks or even months go . Our trees are slowly changing and leaves are falling as are the temps   .

                      Miggs still likes to be out on the porch on her swing watching the yard even if it is pouring rain .

SEPTMEBER 2016 (2 of 2)-2

                             I do like rain drops on everything just don't like the gloomy dark over cast clouds that come with it all  .

SEPTMEBER 2016 (2 of 6)

        But the land and trees and what flowers are left  seem to be happy with all the rain so that's a good thing .

SEPTMEBER 2016 (3 of 6)

I ventured out for a bit this morning to take a few of these photos as it was raining gently , I tend to ache and are more stiff  in this kind of weather and feel like a rusty old bucket at times  and am always feeling  cold  but I do what I can regardless .

SEPTMEBER 2016 (4 of 6)

SEPTMEBER 2016 (5 of 6)

 

SEPTMEBER 2016 (6 of 6)

Not much going on in the yard in this rain , the odd bird   all wet and scruffy quickly grabs food from the feeders and goes back under shelter  the critters are all tucked in their burrows all warm and cozy as I haven't seen any of them at all  and we have one Blue Jay that sits up in our big old tree and  whistles   , he sounds like a police whistle   guess he is the  bird traffic cop of the yard  lol ! 

Well that's about it for me for now , I am hoping for some sunshine soon but that doesn't look promising for us yet maybe after the weekend we will see some sunshine   .

                                                                                                 Until next time

                                                                                                     Country Gal

10 comments:

Vee said...

The descriptions in this post are so good. It felt as if it were raining here. I know that we need rain, but I have plans and don't want any! I found myself in the workshop today so commented on how sweet the cow is. Then I noticed the date...2013! Ha! Time does fly...

September Violets said...

Rainy days do seem to carry on longer than the sunny ones. You got some nice shots of the last of the colourful flowers. Miggs doesn't seem bothered by colder weather! Have a great weekend,
Wendy

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty images. We have been having some rain here too, it was needed. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Anvilcloud said...

That rain is missing us. Sadly.

Linda said...

Not a drop of rain out our way. I've been doing the garden clean up and some of the pots I emptied out were so dry, almost dusty. One of these days the rain will head our way.

Henny Penny said...

Our weather sounds like yours. June, July, and August it was dry as a bone here. Now, every time I look out it's pouring rain. We had a thunderstorm this morning around 10:30 that dropped about three inches of rain. At least it refilled the pond that has been low from the dry weather. Miggs is so cute sitting in the swing watching the yard.

Deb said...

Love the images. We could use some rain here and I think it will arrive tomorrow. Things are very dry. Your header is so pretty.

The Furry Gnome said...

Thanks for keeping the rain down there with you! Still nice fall days here.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We've had the rain too, and I'm not complaining. And when so many are looking at the drab and gloom of it all, your photos truly show the beauty in it.

William Kendall said...

We haven't seen too much of the rain, at least in daytime. I've woken up to signs that there was rain in the night, but that's about it. Miggs must enjoy that swing bench.