Woods Country Cove

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Our Favourite Place To Walk Part 2

 

Well here we are again with part two of  Our Favourite Place To Walk . I am glad you all enjoyed part 1 as I had fun sharing with you all .

Now on to part 2 .

Miggs and I had a good time on this road way up at the top of our valley , we stooped looked and listened to the birds and the rustling of the trees  as there was a gently breeze  blowing through the forest . Miggs found all kinds of different smells and she had a good time doing a lot of stop and sniff   ok and she has to pee on it  GEESH !! dogs eh?   Any who  we just took our time and enjoyed the scenery and the sounds .  

June 2015 (49 of 87)

June 2015 (59 of 87)

This was the photo at the end of part one .. Miggs loves this crick and loves to drink from it and paddle in it to !

June 2015 (58 of 87)

June 2015 (52 of 87)

Miggs comes up from the crick looking like a swamp dog all wet and muddy  but we don't mind .. do we Miggs good for the fur and refreshing to lol !

June 2015 (56 of 87)

I love this type of grass  if indeed it is grass  , it looks more like a grassy fern if there is such a thing and it still had dew on it as it was in the shade  this grows all along the roads and in the ditches !

June 2015 (57 of 87)

                     This is now looking down the road we came up from ! Such a pretty road in all seasons !

June 2015 (53 of 87)

                                          So nice to see so many young trees and vegetation here  just thriving !

June 2015 (67 of 87)

After about 2 hours here loving the scenery playing in the crick and taking photos it was time for us to make tracks on our way home ! Miggs was walking in the long grasses all the way home and loving it !

June 2015 (74 of 87)

We passed by all kinds of trees bushes and swamp grasses , heard crickets chirping for the first time this year and even the odd frog was crocking a tune !

June 2015 (75 of 87)

As we walked over the bridge of our main road of our  valley village I stopped to take a  photo or two of the Otter  river  that runs  through our valley  from the bridge with  lots of trees hanging over it to make wonderful shadows in the water !

June 2015 (85 of 87)

Then as we were approaching our house  there was a huge flock of Geese flying over the field by our house and our house as well as we got to the driveway  I thought what the heck I will snap a few shots of them in flight  .

June 2015 (78 of 87)

Then as we came to the back yard here was Mr Hummer sitting on our tree in the middle of my garden so I again just took a few photos of him .

June 2015 (87 of 87)

Last but not least I saw Mrs Dovey   and took her portrait to . So that is the end of our two hour walk all fresh aired and tuckered out . Miggs not me  I can go for days out there with camera in hand lol. I took over 100 photos  that is soo easy for me to do  lol !  I can do that in our own back yard lol !

                                                                 Nature …. my favourite movie and music !

                                                                                Until next time .

                                                                        Country Gal

8 comments:

Deb said...

Wonderful shots of the hummer and dove. I have yet to see a hummer here but there are two feeders out there for them if they are hungry. :) You do live in a beautiful area, Elaine.

Linda Kay said...

What a wonderful walk. So beautiful. And I'm sure Miggs was in doggie heaven running along in the grass looking for smells and "message boards" as we call them. That water with the tree reflections is awesome.

eileeninmd said...

I just love all the Miggs photos, he is beautiful. The hummer and dove are pretty too. Pretty images from your walk. Have a happy weekend!

Amy at love made my home said...

So lovely to go along on your favourite walk with you!! xx

Linda said...

Is your grassy ferny stuff horsetail, can't quite see it properly on my ipad, will check on the computer where i cam get a really good enlargement.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Helloo Elaine girl and Miggs too ! LOL
She must be the happiest dog on earth with those walks .. do you worry about bumping into a bear or something unexpected ? .. leave to me to think that?LOL
It is such a beautiful area ... I would so love to hear crickets and frogs .. my absolute favorite sounds in the world. Terrific picture of that beautiful hummer and Dove ... looks like they both purposely posed for you girl !
Take care
Joy : )

William Kendall said...

Oh, yes, Miggs is in her element!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for the follow-up to part 1. Enjoyed going on this walk with you, Papa and Miggs.