Woods Country Cove

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Blustery Day

 

WOW ! The winds are howling out there today and boy oh boy is it cold . This morning started out nice a bit chilly but sunny so Miggy and I went for our walk , then a few hours later the winds picked up and it got cold . The air has the feel and smell of snow in it already and the clouds look like they are holding snow in them just looking for some where to let go !

DSC_4224

As the sun was shining behind us the big thick bluish/grey  snow looking clouds were in front over the valley  floating by fast as the wind gusts them away just waiting to let go ! This is east of us !

DSC_4225

I like the look of the dark clouds when the sun is shining on them and how it lights up the trees and makes the clouds look darker !

It is a mix of sun and cloud now and as windy as heck, this old farm house is just a creaking and cracking with every gust of wind. Lots of leaves blowing around as the trees become more and more bare but thankfully no snow fall as of yet but I can feel it  , I know it is lurking around up there ! They say we may get some flurries but no accumulation as the earth is still to warm ! Not for long if this cold air and wind keeps up I’m thinking !

      Well not much going on here just another day of puttering and staying warm enjoying a book  reading all your wonderful blogs and cups of tea with my Miggy beside me  !

                       Until next time hope you have a good day !

                                  Country Gal

12 comments:

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Wow, it does look like snow! Stay warm! :)

Maeflower said...

I am so like you...love it when the sun makes dark clouds look even darker! I do like snow and cold but I think Tennessee has just enough. I'll enjoy it through your updates this winter! Great pics!

DeniseinVA said...

Those dark clouds do make pretty pictures. The other day I made the comment that we hadn't seen any of our Canada Geese around lately, which is unusual because they are always around. Then I heard somewhere that we are going to have a very cold winter. Oh I do hope not but from relatives in North Dakota I know they have had snow already. Maybe those geese finally decided to fly south?

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, love the pictures, truly beautiful. Very cool day here, I'm just staying in puttering about the house, enjoying a hot cup of coffee. Blessings Francine.

Crystal said...

Brr does look cold there, our snow is about melted but still windy enough to be cold out.

Faye Henry said...

We had a very windy day here, too.
Your pics are so pretty.. I agree that this is puttering weather.. smile...
Blessings, my friend..

RURAL said...

I love the wind also, but the only drawback was when all the leaves would be blown away from the trees...it's kind of sad.

When it was really blustery I used to walk the seawall, and the spray would come over the top, the wind would whistle...I felt so alive then.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

It's cold here in New England too. We had a windy day today and it was rather chilly. I had to turn my heat on this week. Stay warm!

nancy huggins said...

I don't like the cold and snow but not much choice in the midwest..I am already counting the days until spring. This kind of weather is good for crafting though if I don't get lazy :)

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I'm thinking we'll be having snow clouds ourselves before long. The nights are cold and the days windy and cool - much the same as your area.
I see you are a tea drinker too - by the fire for afternoon tea and a good book is my favourite time of day.
I'm visiting from Fertilizer Friday.

Yael at Home Garden Diggers said...

Wow,those clouds do look threatening. Not really cold here yet, but it is supposed to get cooler and with rain this next week. Stay warm.

Yael from Home Garden Diggers

Muffy's Marks said...

Sounds and looks like snow to me. Stay warm, and snuzzle with my furry friend Miggy!