Woods Country Cove

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Whilst The Rain Was At Rest !

 

We had major down pores yesterday , so much that a small river was forming on the road flowing fast down the little hill of the road and deep puddles forming in the yard and fields !There was also high gusts of wind and boy it was cold as well !

Miggy was soo board and antsy as she always gets when its a rainy day and she cant go out much.

So as there was a small break in the rain this is what Miggy got up to !

DSC_1642

                                                 Miggy  found a big stick !

DSC_0003

                               By the time I saw her she had already had most of it chewed !

DSC_0006

                                          Just need to get a better grip here !

DSC_0007

                                                  She had claimed the stick with the paw !DSC_0014  Then I called out to her cause she had no idea I was watching and taking photos.

She laid down fast and tried to hide and gave me the   wasn't me ! look  .

She does this when she has been busted , the kind of thing where they are trying to look innocent but know they are guilty in doing something lol ! I don't mind her chewing sticks its just the sap or juices  that's in the birch tree sticks can make her sick  if she chews it to much ! 

        So I tell her ,  its ok Miggy good girl , time to come in now its starting to rain again !

                DSC_0016                       She's like I will just nap here Mum ok!  Guard my stick !   

        She did come in and it started to rain hard again for the rest of the day

   Today it has got that icy cold feeling in the air and it is  drizzling  wet snow, rain mix ! YUCKY !!! I don't depend on the weather man much anymore they are mostly wrong lol I use my farmers intuitions that my dad taught me ! The temp is below freezing and the air has that arctic smell and feel to it today .

  I think a day like today calls for a home made Shepherds Pie for supper  YUMMY !

                                                             Until next time Smile

                                                             Country Gal

7 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Love the "inocent" look!

Pat said...

Love that fifth photo of "uh-oh"! Too cute!

Ellen said...

Oh Miggy, you are just the cutest ever. Cracked me up with the "I didn't do it" look. Gosh, they can be so smart, can't they. The shepherds pie sounds delightful.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Miggy is a real charmer. There really is a feel in the air before it snows. We haven't had that feel in the air quite yet in Massachusetts.

Faye Henry said...

Miggy is so cute..
Such a personality.. We are getting your rain now..
I love Shepherds Pie..

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Miss Miggy looks like she has a lot of personality! I absolutely LOVE dogs. They are just too cool for words. ;)

Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday this week.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Cindy Adkins said...

So sweet! I love animals so much (I have 3 cats!) Great photos!
Cindy