Woods Country Cove

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Miggs Is All Better & Spring Is Coming Along Nicely To

All is good now with our Miggs . Miggs got her stitches out last Friday and the vet said she healed up nicely and is ready to get back to her old self WOOHOO !

 We had a nice weekend . our youngest son  James and his partner came down and we celebrated his birthday , Today is actually his birthday ,



The past few days has been lovely and sunny out and Miggs and I were out just soaking it all up , I was puttering in the gardens and taking lots of photos as this time of year brings all kinds of fun things to photograph . Birds and more birds of course lol flowers , butterfly's and more .


 This little guy is a first for me I thought it was a new breed of Nuthatch but in fact it is a  black and white Warbler , we have never seen one in our yard and this is the first for seeing and capturing one . I am happy about this , One of the main reasons I love living in a valley that's on the migration path is that every spring and summer we get new birds to the area  makes me giddy every time lol .

Now this Yellow Warbler is a yard dweller every spring and summer and he is soo pretty and has a pretty song to but he doesn't like to pose for pictures as he hides from me here in our Japanese willows .
   Our birds are busy foraging for nestlings and the yard is very busy.

                      
                        Mr Song Sparrow above  is searching for that perfect nesting materials .







          Our hummers are back as well as our House Wrens to  so now our spring and summer birds have returned mostly , now waiting for the Cat birds to show up . Over the years through out the spring and summer months I have counted and recorded 40 species of birds that occupy our yard and that doesn't include the odd new birds that stop here  lol ! I love it .

Gardens are coming along well , I will be going to get some of our favorite annuals to fill in the spots of the gardens and for my hanging pots soon .

But in the mean time the butterfly's and bees are enjoying the spring blooms



 It is a welcomed rainy on and  off  day here today  but the rest of the week  is looking sunny . My Patio Porch is all set up so Miggs and I have been enjoying what I call our outdoor summer living room from sunrise to sunset and enjoying our chiminea fire place as well .  In the evenings down by the river in the forest the Coyotes have been howling  , they will be moving on soon as they travel from our valley through the fields down to  lake  Erie to Port Burwell provincial park . I love hearing them howl and yip.

Well that's about it for me for now I hope your spring is coming along and you are able to get out and enjoy it all .
                                       
                                                             Until next time .


                              Country Gal

                                                              






3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Good for Miggs, your son, and your birds. It's been decent here lately, but there is a frost advisory tonight.

William Kendall said...

You've got a lot of bird company at the moment!

Linda said...

Good to hear Miggs has healed quickly. Lovely to see and listen to all the birds.