Woods Country Cove

Friday, March 15, 2019

A Pre Spring Thunder Storm With This & That

We had lots of rain yesterday and a thunder storm  , I call it a pre spring thunderstorm lol  . I am soo excited that spring is literally just around the corner and it seems to have partially arrived here to . We have no snow left all our spring birds have returned temps are very mild  have been reaching 14C or 58F  seems like the spring birds all knew the weather was to get better and warmer , I always watch and listen to nature of the weather more than the human forecasts nature knows best 😊


The sun set burst out from the storm clouds and gave us this pretty view from my window .


Then I heard Mr Robin in the front of the house on the wire singing his heart out he was till he saw me with camera lol !

The other day it was soo nice out we had sun with cloudy periods and I was able to get out and start on a bit of yard clean up and have a fire .

This morning I spotted a few Grackles scratching in the garden searching for bugs , yes our bugs are out down here already .


I see buds on the trees and bushes slowly starting to form and all our birds are very busy with singing and chirping and chasing each other about now . I saw Mr Chipmunk the other day to but he was dashing from  under the feeders collecting more seed and back to his hidy hole  lol !
  I am seeing more signs of spring with in the land now to . I will be busy with all things spring now especially in the yard and gardens , I have been soo looking forward to being outside in nicer weather , cant wait to be able to be outside from sunrise to sunset again  .

                                                              Until next time .
                                                                          

                                  Country Gal


                                                         

5 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Isn't it a good feeling to see the change of seasons? Spring is in the air here too - Except for the Robins. The frogs are singing in the nearby ponds, so it's only a matter of time before we see them. But a cold weekend is ahead. Winter can be a stubborn season to leave!

Linda said...

The temperatures rose today too, still snow and ice around but it is slowly going down. I've heard the robing but haven't sighted her/him yet. How lovely to have a fire and start the clean up. Sure wish we could have a fire pit like that, but regulations don't allow it

William Kendall said...

Spring comes to you sooner than it does here. We still have a lot of snow on the ground.

Deb said...

It all sounds wonderful. You are so far ahead of us right now. Just today we are starting to feel spring and the snow is melting. But there is so much snow to get rid of that everyone is worried about flooding. :-( I can't wait to see the spring birds arrive. I'm watching for them daily as the sun is so much warmer now. Enjoy your early spring. Deb

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

that first image is gorgeous. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.