Woods Country Cove

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

It Was A Lovely Weekend & Day Yesterday & A Happy Birthday Day

That it was a lovely weekend and  day yesterday  , not only was it sunny and warm and now all our snow has gone and the spring birds are happily singing from sunrise to sunset yesterday was also my Birthday .
Our family got together over the weekend for my birthday and it was fun , our kids and their partners came down with their dog and Miggs had a grand old time but she was popped after the weekend that's for sure .  Didn't take to many photos over the weekend we were to busy chatting and enjoying lol  . But Papa did snap this shot of me in my glory early in the morning whilst I was still in my jammies with the two dogs lol !



This is our oldest sons dog Duke , he is a sweety and Miggs and he just love one another and Harley well she tolerates him lol !
Papa got me a cake from our favorite ma and pop owned  bakery and it was  decorated with my favorite song bird the Robins  I love it it was a big cake and this cake freezes well .


 I got a cute garden windmill form the kids , boy do they know me lol . I love it .


                                                         
                                                      It was It was  great weekend .

Yesterday the day of my Birthday started out wonderful to for the sun rise was pretty peeking through the valley forest in the east and all the birds were singing and I new it was going to be a good day .


 My day was filled with sunshine and warm temps so Miggs and I took advantage of it and spend the day out side puttering in the sun shine  and I also went about taking some photos.

 Last years Milk weed pod in the filed beside us burst open to spread its seeds for the spring , their are hundreds of Milkweed in this field ready to reseed and grow for this coming summer .

                           We have buds on trees and bushes , this is one of my Lilac bushes .

                    And spring flowers are slowly poking through the ground in the gardens.


             
                                                   It was a beautiful clear blue sky day .







 And whilst I am typing this the sun has rises once again this morning the air is crisp and chilly but will be warming up  , the birds are chirping , singing and busy with nest building and feasting at the feeders . I feel it is to be another lovely day to get out side and putter once again and enjoy  . 

                                                             Until next time .
                                   
                                                             

                                Country Gal
   
                                                        


                                            


6 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Birthday, Elaine! Your cake is so cute and I LOVE your tractor windmill! My Daddy would have liked that. He always admired tractors and I guess I got that from him. I have seen a few birds but still waiting for all the goldfinches. We have some during the wintertime but the majority of them arrive in the spring. I do love this time of year and it's a wonderful time to have a birthday. Enjoy your week!

Anvilcloud said...

Happy Birthday. Sue's too.

Deb said...

Enjoyed your post, Elaine. "Happy Birthday to you". That was the perfect cake for a nature-girl. :-)

Linda said...

Happy belated birthday 🍰 Still patches of snow here. Dreaming about outside but still too cold to do much of anything. We are away most of April, out west, so outside stuff son’t start till May.

The Furry Gnome said...

Good to hear from you. Enjoy this wonderful weather!

William Kendall said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you!

There's still a lot of snow on the ground here, but I've seen the first of the Canada geese of the season today.