Woods Country Cove

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Winter Days , Taking Them One Day At A Time

I am still about and just getting through the winter days one day at a time . Our  winter weather has been quite tame and not much snow so far we have been green for most of it so far but it has been rainy in the beginning damp and cold but has been colder the past few days as it is to get very cold for the weekend and we might get a good dumping of snow they say to which will be the first real snow fall of the season for us .
Miggs and I have been  puttering about each day , see winter isn't our favorite season  we are more the summer type  but when or winters are like this one has been we find it a bit easier to handle , as Miggs and I have been able to get out more and go for our walks every day and spend a bit of time outside  .
I haven't been taking many photos either as I sometimes get in a photo rut especially this time of year when there is lots of cloudy gloomy days but the days we get sunshine really perk us up . 



 

                             Some  mornings have been pretty with the sun rise .


             These are these days Miggs and I like this time of year . I like sunny winter days .

Miggs just loves the sunshine to , we have less snow then in this pic now  this was taken a few days ago lol .

                          Even my indoor plants perk up with the lovely winter sunshine .

                         
                        Its always nice to have some flowers and colour inside during the winters .


Clear sunny winter sky's make the air colder but  under the porch on the patio in her bed Miggs loves to snooze in the sunshine for a bit and get some fresh air . Even though it hasn't been a tuff winter for us this year so far I still am looking forward to it being over and  welcoming spring  with the promise of  colours and all newness with in the land , more sunny days , earlier sunrises and later sunsets and the return of my favorite song birds .
                   But for now , Miggs and I are just taking these winter days one day at a time .
                                                                                           
                                                                    Until next time .
                                                                                                Country Gal

6 comments:

William Kendall said...

I like those sky shots!

Linda said...

I was just thinking today that I have hardly taken any photos lately. The lighting just isn’t right most days plus we have been out and about very much. Snow predicted for this weekend.

The Furry Gnome said...

Just one day at a time here too.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Sun makes all the difference to everything including peoples moods. I just love Miggs

Anvilcloud said...

It's been a gentle winter for the most part, but it has changed here recently with recent cold and snow predicted.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love your photos! And I totally understand how you feel about the winter. I do as well, but your beautiful flowers blooming can do a lot to chase away those winter blues!

Take care, and stay warm!