Woods Country Cove

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

More Snow & Birds

Well , our winter may have started out late and only in the past two and half weeks of snow we have had on the ground so far but boy it has been making up for its late arrival for sure ,with two major snow storms in a short time now under our belts and I cant believe we are at the end of January already either . I must say even as late as our winter arrived I am looking forward to the arrival of spring and the spring forward of clocks to in March seems like some of us are just biding our time till then I know I am lol .

It has been quiet here mostly for us , Papa at work weekdays and Miggs and I just putter about and try to pop outside every now and then for some fresh air and a change of scenery or to do a bit of shoveling till Papa can snow blow or filling feeders . Talking about feeders they have been the hub of the yard as birds flit to and fro between the feeders and the cedar hedges . Sometimes it can get very noisy with the amount of birds that horde the feeding area , why one day I counted or at least tryed to count as they all moved about 60 birds and all different species , I can sometimes hear the sound of them all together swoosh back and forth as they all take off together and return a few minuets later .







  I just looked out the window of my computer room as I am typing this and .. it is snowing again 🤨,

    Oh well it is winter time and we did have it start later in the season so I guess I shouldn't complain lol.
                                    On wards and upwards only 50 days till Spring  WOOHOO !
             
                                                                  Until next time .

        
                                                                            Country Gal





3 comments:

Linda said...

Just hoping winter doesn’t stick around after that 50 days go by.

William Kendall said...

The birds appear to be well taken care of.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Lovely images o both snow and birds