Woods Country Cove

Friday, July 13, 2018

Loving These Summer Days


It has been glorious here , warm air , lots of sunshine and cool breezes , the old fashioned kind of summer I remember as a kid ,

Miggs and I have been enjoying early walks in the mornings before the sun really gets its heat on and then just lazing about through out the day , ok she is lazing I am happily tending to my gardens and taking lots of photos lol ! Some of my favorite things to do in the summer as well as back porch patio sitting watching the birdies lol !

The field beside us is full of soon to be blooming Goldenrod and  Common Milkweed this year and I have been enjoying all the pollinator's that's been in it as I have spent many a day in the field getting some of them used to me being there so they know I do not pose a threat and then click click I go lol !JULY 2018 (21 of 44)

I haven't seen a lot of a Monarchs in the field well at least when I have been lurking about with camera in hand  but I did manage to get a few shots of this little beauty .

JULY 2018 (12 of 44)I have been seeing lots of these little guys here again this year  Yellow Cabbage moths as well as the White Cabbage moths , they just love my Latris in the gardens .

JULY 2018 (14 of 44)                            There are so many types of butterfly's and moths I cant keep up with who is who lol !

JULY 2018 (19 of 44)

Lots of this Queen Ann’s Lace about now , I just love its tiny perfect individual flowers . This photo is part  blurry part clear on purpose as it is called Motion Blur Photography . Motion blur is the apparent streaking of moving objects in a photograph or a sequence of frames,It results when the image being recorded changes during the recording of a single exposure, due to rapid movement or long exposure. In this instance it was caused by the winds moving this plant as I took its photo.

JULY 2018 (44 of 44)The clouds have been so fluffy and pretty the past day or so as they float on over  with their silver linings and looking like they are in  3D .

JULY 2018 (42 of 44)The other morning I heard a ruckus across the road as the Barn Swallows were chirp chirping their warning sound , so I went to the front to have a look and this is what I saw .

JULY 2018 (5 of 44)A Turkey Vulture landed on our neighbor's roof  as the field beside them had a carcass in it and he seemed hungry lol ! Natures cleaner uppers they are  . Ugly faces but they do look wonderful as they soar and play in the sky’s over our valley .

JULY 2018 (34 of 44)

I just love all the wild flowers starting to bloom in the field beside us to ! Most are weed types but they sure are pretty !

JULY 2018 (15 of 44)

And I have some weed type in my gardens to like this pretty orange flower , Butterfly weed, another plant that has perfect individual flowers .

It’s Friday the 13th and the every Friday the 13th all the bikers come out to play at Port Dover .The Friday the 13th Motorcycle Rally is a motorcycle rally held every Friday the 13th[ in Port Dover, Ontario, Canada since 1981. Its typical summer attendance exceeds 100,000 bikers. The event has been described as "the biggest single-day motorcycle event in the world, a title also claimed by the Rolling Thunder rally in the United States. Although hundreds of attendees arrive during winter months, attendance is at its highest when the date falls on a summer day. In August 2010, the rally drew more than 150,000 attendees. Estimates for the July 2012 event ranged from 90,000 to more than 170,000 . So we don't live to far away from Port Dover and we can hear the rumble of motor bikes through our valley  village main street as lots of them take the hiway that runs through it to get to other ports on the way and they like the scenic routes of lake shore .

Well that's about it for me for now Papa and I will be puttering as usual enjoying our weekend of summer . Hoping for some rain we are dry as sand / dirt lol !

                                                                                   Until next time . Have a good weekend !

                                                                                               Country Gal



5 comments:

Linda said...

Oh how I long to be outside with my camera. But I’m inside recovering from my knee surgery. Busy doing exercises, having naps like Miggs and enjoying being waited on with cups od tea. I did see a couple of monarchs before surgery but wadn’t quick enough for photos. I can imagine the roar of the bikes as they head to Port Dover. Our neighbour is a Harley man, repairs their bikes and always has some stop by. Keep enjoying the lovely weather.

William Kendall said...

That turkey vulture is a formidable sight!

Anvilcloud said...

Great first photo and the penultimate one. Not that there’s anything wrong with the rest. lol

Pamela Gordon said...

I love your butterfly photos Elaine! It's been hot here too except the past few days which have been nicely comfortable. lol Enjoy your summer!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lots of bright blooms and butterflies in your garden, Elaine, and I enjoyed seeing what you have been enjiying.