Woods Country Cove

Monday, April 10, 2017

It Was Such A Wonderful Sunday

 

It was such a lovely wonderful day yesterday outside , warm temps got up to 20C here or 68F and it was soo nice , I was able to get out and do some more tidying of garden stuff , clippings from bushes and what not  and  start the clean up of the back wood lot  and ya all know what that means with me  CAMPFIRE Smile.  Papa was puttering in his shop doing a bit of tidying up to .

20170409_105215

20170409_105228

                 Yup that's my little red wagon Ruby we call her , she helps me do all kinds of hauling about the yard lol !

I cant believe how green , long and  thick  our grass is getting already I will have to get out my tractor Betsy soon and start the first cut of the season . I noticed I have lots of growth in my gardens to of Pansies some have bloomed already the buds on the trees and Lilacs are close to bursting in bloom  looks like it will be a season of one after the other then all together  of blooming lol ! Our Hummers and Oriels will be arriving soon so I will  have to get my home made sugar water ready in their jug and in the fridge soon to  and fill and hang their feeders for when they get here . 

20170409_105223

I saw Harley our grumpy old cat we call her when I went in to get a drink  .  Now the story goes  grumpy  old cat never drank out of her own water bowl but always drank from Miggs  before we had to raise Miggs bowls  and I was wondering again how her own water bowl wasn't being touched or going down since we raised Miggs bowls for her   see grumpy old cat wont do anything much that takes a lot of energy any more till I saw this .

20170409_072936

Not so lazy and feeble are you grumpy old cat to get up to your sisters bowls , but to lazy to go in the back room and drink from yours since this bowl is right there steps away from your bed lol !

20170409_072923

Here's the what you talking to me mum look lol ! oh sorry had my face in my sisters water bowl . yes I see that Harleyroo  another nick name we have  for her , finicky funny grumpy old cat she is  .

The moon was out last night again but I didn't get photos of it as it had been half covered by high cloud but again for us moon enthusiast's  it was another Waxing gibbous would of been Visible: 97%  if the sky's were clear  here  Age: 13 days we get a full moon Visible: 100% Age: 14 days in the northern hemisphere Tuesday April 11th .

It was soo nice to sit out side in the evening yesterday to  on the patio at my table and chairs have me cuppa tea watch the sun set at 8pm now and will be setting later by the end of the month  and hear and see all the birds  readying for  their night of slumber and was able to hear the peepers as the hush of the evening  came over the land , one of my favorite times of the day .

Well it is earlyish Monday morning as I type this the temps were a bit chilly when we woke  and are warming up they only dropped to 11C or 52F over night and the sun is shining so looks to be another nice day for us  soon I will be able to take my Geraniums out side and hang them back up on the front porch  so I am off to start our day with a walk with Miggs  and see what the rest of day brings us , outside of course Open-mouthed smile

                                                                                 Until next time                            

                                                                                    Country Gal

4 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Harley is cute, funny story. I missed the full moon last night!
Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

William Kendall said...

Harley is such a sweetie.

Amy at love made my home said...

A lovely day!

Anvilcloud said...

Cats are so idiosyncratic.