Woods Country Cove

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Last Nights Super Moon

 

 

Last night the moon was a super moon and it was at  its closest  to the earth , last time this happened was back in 1948 .

It was a cloudy evening as I looked out the window a few times looking for the moon  and for a moment there I was a bit disappointed thinking that I wouldn't get to see this super moon as the clouds were thick  but then I looked out the window and to my surprise  there it was . I wouldn't be able to catch it on the horizon as we live down in a valley so I have to wait for it to rise above the horizon and the top of the valley forest .

NOVEMBER 2016 (1 of 26)

Taking photos of the moon at night is a challenge on its own at times  but having heavy clouds in front and around it is even more so of a challenge . It was nice and quiet in our valley as I stood out there watching the moon rise and taking photos .

NOVEMBER 2016 (6 of 26)

NOVEMBER 2016 (15 of 26)

I had my ISO at 800 for night shots and just kept playing about with my F-stop and my shutter speed to see what ones came out the best  I am still learning night shots . It was damp and chilly out and the dampness tends to fog up the lens fast so that is a challenge as well  and all are taken hand held to .

NOVEMBER 2016 (3 of 10)

I like taking photos of the moon especially with clouds about or as it is rising around trees as to me it gives my photos more contrast and makes them seem more interesting then just a photo of the moon  in the dark sky .

NOVEMBER 2016 (20 of 26)

I know lots of folk were out there taking photos of this moon and having fun with their cameras as well . It is a once in a life time sight to capture as is many of life's moments and natures wonders .

           Well that's it for me for now hope all you photographer's and  mooners were able to get out there see and capture this rare sight .                      

                                                                                                 Until next time .

                                                                                              Country Gal

11 comments:

William Kendall said...

Your shots of it are much better than mine!

CountryMum said...

The clouds add to eeriness of a full moon I reckon. Great photos.

Linda said...

You got lovely shots of the moon Elaine. I took lots too, on different settings, to find what worked best. No photos early this morning though as it was very foggy, which didn't lift till mid morning.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Elaine, Beautiful photos of the moon. I took a few, but it wasn't super huge, so they weren't the best.
Hope you are having a good week!
Hugs,
Noreen

Vanessa said...

Really Beautiful!!!...Precious!!....Great Photos of moon!!..(Bellas, preciosas fotos de la luna means in spanish)...Hugs!!..From Puerto Rico Island)...God Bless!!...Dios te Bendiga mucho....(in spanish...)

Linda said...

Love the cloudy effects...I got a great one this morning!
You REALLY need to get on Instagram Elaine!
Cheers!
Linda :o)

The Furry Gnome said...

Great shots if you ask me! It's a lot trickier than you'd think. I know from trying!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Simply magical shots.
It's fun seeing this super moon in our lifetime.
Hugs
Jo

Anvilcloud said...

Good effort and results. I didn't get out there. My bad.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I didn't get any moon shots as it was well up and behind clouds by the time i remembered to try :-( But your shots are wonderful, Elaine. What size lens did you use?

Rosella said...

Wow - you got some great shots of that moon!!!