Woods Country Cove

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Another Cold One

 

It is another cold morning this morning as the sun is slowly rising and the  sky is  crystal clear . The temps are -23°C feels like –25 °C or -9°F feels like –15 °F  winds are calm . I woke with a head ache this morning but now it is subsiding thankfully .

Miggs and I went for our walk yesterday after I bundled up in layers , once I get out there and get moving it isn't to bad at all . I will bundle up today again and we will go for another walk . I didn’t have my camera yesterday when we saw a few deer in the woods by the river , the other day it was a fox so  I will take the camera today with my 55-300 zoom lens the one I always use and is my fave  just in case , The really cold temps interrupts with the cameras batteries if they are not fully charged so I have my other batteries fully charged and ready go for our walk today just in case . I have a battery pack attached to my camera that also has a hand strap  and it takes 2 batteries , I have four all together so I can always have some on hand  that are fully charged .

                                      I took a few photos yesterday of Miggs and of the sun set !

 January 2014 (7 of 14)

        Crazy dog has always got her snoot in the snow , I think she thinks it is like her personal snow cone to eat.

                                            January 2014 (8 of 14)

                                             Looking at her paw wondering if the snow on it is eatable lol

 January 2014 (11 of 14)

The sun is setting a bit later each day and has that wonderful orangey glow to it as it sets , it was 5:15 pm when I took these photos from the window at the top of our stairs .

 January 2014 (14 of 14)

                       I just snapped these photos a few minuets ago of the sun rising ,  each day it rises earlier to  here at 7:34 AM when I took the photos . As I sit here typing I can hear the roosters crowing down the road on our neighbours small  farm . I love that sound takes me back to my farm days .

                                                        January 2014 (1 of 2)

 January 2014 (2 of 2)

It maybe cold but for me I can handle winter days better when the sun is shining no matter how cold it is out .

    To my blogger friends on the east coast  that are getting hit by a bad snow storm please stay home  , be safe and have a cozy day !

                                                                   Until next time … Have a good day !

                                                                           Country Gal

9 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, sooo cold out here to, but like you if the sun is shining I can handle the cold winter days.....Love Miggs nose in the snow, she is such a sweetie and very photo genic......Beautiful pictures, so pretty capturing the color of the sun, Stay Cozy, Francine.

Amy at love made my home said...

Your sunset pictures are beautiful!! Hope that you have a good walk today and get to snap something interesting - shame about missing the deer and the fox! xx

TexWisGirl said...

the sweeping branches against the sky are lovely!

Pamela Gordon said...

I hear Nova Scotia is getting blasted with this storm and also a bit along the Bay of Fundy up to Moncton. We aren't getting a thing here in the Fredericton area….yet. It's just cold and raw out there so I'm staying indoors. Have a great afternoon.

Sandy said...

My favourite pictures are of bare trees again the sky. Was enjoying them on my cold drive into work today.

Vintage Gal said...

Oh my goodness, how does Miggs keep his little paws warm? My little Chico is not going out as his paws freeze to the deck when we let him out. I was just out there for a minute with him, BRRRRRRRR ~ I just don't like these sub-zero temps.
Beautiful pictures of the sunrise and sunset ~ as longs as you are in the house ;-)

Michelle said...

Beautiful pictures and you know dogs always enjoy some snow!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

staying nice here, but it can change in a minute!

William Kendall said...

I find it's a matter of keeping moving that helps deal with the cold, but I'm not out in it more than I have to be.