Woods Country Cove

Monday, December 16, 2013

Our Snowy Weekend

 

 

Well , We have lots of snow ! I figure we got a total of  a foot and a half of snow .

Todays weather

             Partly cloudy-12°C   Feels like –19   or   10°F    Feels like –2  Good lord it is cold out there !

It snowed all weekend and never let up till at least 7 pm last night .   Saturday  was cold blowing and snowing hard  so I did the Christmas decorating  .   Yesterday Sunday  was mild so we   ventured out into the snow , Papa shovelled with help from his dad and his snow blower , paths to our sheds and my birdie feeders and Papa shovelled the  drive way  he did that a few times yesterday as the snow wouldn’t stop or slow down , he would of used his tractor and plough but it is still at our friends garage from the fall lol ! 

Any who …. after Papa did  the snow clearing he went in and I went out and played with Miggs  . I saw Papa sneaking some photos with my camera I leave on the kitchen table , cheeky bugger . Rare for me to be in the lens , I always the one on the other side of the camera lol

December 2013 (6 of 27)

Yup that’s me lol lumber jacket and all , nothing fancy  just comfort  for this Country Gal !

December 2013 (8 of 27)

               Miggs gets so excited when someone plays with her , even more so in the snow !

December 2013 (9 of 27)

                       And there she goes  taking off running like the wind to fetch her rope ! Me doing a balancing act by the looks of it  , graceful I am not lol

December 2013 (10 of 27)

Yup Miggs shakes the beegeeses  out her rope when she gets it and all the snow fly's from it everywhere !

December 2013 (12 of 27)

Oh did I mention that fetch to Miggs is she gets it but doesn’t bring it back  , nope , you have to chase her then she drops it and challenges you to take it from her as you get closer to her she takes it and runs with it  lol ! Goofy dog ! Guess the Retriever in her doesn’t come out during the game of fetch lol

December 2013 (23 of 27)

                                Still working on getting the rope from her here  lol !  Chase me Mum lol !

December 2013 (24 of 27)

                                               I got it , WOOHOO !! and we had a bit of a cuddle to !

                                                            Well that was our snowy weekend .

                                            Until next time .. hope you all have a good day !

                                                               Country Gal

15 comments:

Muffy's Marks said...

Oh that Miggy, what a trickster!! Glad you two had fun!! Hopefully it has stopped snowing in your neck of the woods!!!

Pamela Gordon said...

It looks like you and Miggs had great fun in the snow, Elaine. Our Marshall loved playing in the snow with us, being part husky he was right in his element and would often lay in the snow drift during a nice snowfall, all curled up. I love that old dog and miss him even though he's just down the road at our son's. Have a great day!

Amy at love made my home said...

So lovely to see the two of you playing in the snow together. Miggs is clearly have a wonderful time and wants you to join in! You really did have an awful lot of snow didn't you! xx

Kristin_Texas said...

That is so sweet! If we ever had any snow, my Maddie Kate would be the same way as Miggs; running around and playing in it. She loves cold weather too, and when it does come here - even if it's raining - it's difficult getting her back inside. Abby doesn't even seem to mind the cold, even though she hardly has any fur. But Izzy... indoors diva, no question.

Kristin

TexWisGirl said...

cute girls at play.

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Oh how pretty! I am sitting here laughing at Miggie getting her toy and challenging someone else to get it, lol. It is hers!!

Anonymous said...

Oh ya. You got snow like us alright.
Looking fun for you and you know who.

Today here is so cold could wear two hats it is freezing.

Oh Friday we slid onto black ice taking things to ur regular dump.

Stuck in it for 2 hours on the side road inbankment.The plough had plowed. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Going slow but proper speed and all of a sudden we were in the ditch.


Waited for towtruck two hours as he had another call where a van rolled over upside down the guy hung. Poor guy.

So our problem was a drop in the bucket compared to him. Yet I could not get out of the seat as door would not open on my side.

So finally after two hours I took a ride home from a lady. We had more then 18 cars offer help.
Even to pull us out. Yet that can tricky not everyone knows the proper way to pull car out as your hubby would know.

Enjoy your snow and be careful when you go out and even see roads clear like we did.

Kay said...

Love the shots with the dog.

Being born and raised in southern California, I don't know what I'd do if we had all that snow.

I love to see it now and then, but I think it would scare me a little (LOL).

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh fun with Miggs I love it I also love your lumber jacket looks warm and darn it it is so cold out here. Great shots Papa. Hug B

Anonymous said...

You and Miggs had a great time outside ... nice to see you in the photos. I always have the camera in my hands too :)
Freezing cold here this morning at -20 Celsius, but lovely and sunny. There was a bit of snow to clear from the deck and paths and of course that gift from the snowplow at the end of the driveway. The bird feeders are all full and the birds are chirping their thank yous.
Enjoy the day.

Vee said...

Wow! You really did get a ton of snow. Looks as if you and Miggs know how to enjoy it! BTW, your header is a corker!

Linda said...

Good for Papa!
Putting you centre stage, for a change!
Looks like a great day, with you and Miggs♥
Want to get down to the cottage, and see all the snow there...
Enjoy your week, Elaine♥
Cheers!
Linda:o)

Crystal said...

Looks like fun! I wish we only had a foot and a half of snow, sigh, looks so pretty in your pictures though

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Lots of fun in the snow! And I love lumber jackets!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nothing wrong with being comfy and dressed warmly for playing in the snow, Elaine. You and Miggs sure had fun!