Woods Country Cove

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

This Morning !

 

I went out earlier this morning to refill my bird feeders and put the peanuts out . The temp was -10ºC but there was no wind so it wasn't to bad , I was dressed in warm layers so I didn’t get cold as it makes me ache if I get chilled .  The birds were fluttering around gathering up seed and waiting for me to put the full feeders back up .

The Blue jays were telling each other there was peanuts as they squawked back and forth to each other after I had put them out !  Then the crows who have a taste for peanuts also were cawing back and forth to each other letting each one know grub is up !

DSC_6429

             This guy was sitting just above the feeder with the peanuts.  All I have to say to Miggs is black bird and she chases the crows away !DSC_6440

Miggs just finished chasing the crow in this photo !

DSC_6434

The Blue jays were scoffing like crazy we have about 6 of them here they take turns raiding the feeder !

DSC_6452

                                   I like the little Juncos they are so cute bobbing around .

DSC_6445

    Female Downy watching me as she feasts on suet !

DSC_6461

The Cardinals were avoiding me and my camera as much as possible and stayed up top of the trees !

DSC_6485

Then I decided to play fetch with Miggs , then I took Miggs for a walk as the sun came out  got back then took more photos I will post them tomorrow , then came in and warmed our bones up for the remainder of the day ,we were out side for three hours . It is nice to get out in the fresh crisp air , not to bad if your dressed for it !

                              Until next time hope you all have a good day !

                                          Country Gal

6 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

It is a bit cold this morning but you always capture things to warm my soul. B

Primitive Stars said...

Oh those bad ole crows, Miggs is so wonderful......Sweet Juncos, they leave here in the fall, guess they visit you.....It does feel good to breath in that fresh air but always better to come into the cozy house....Blessings Francine.

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

I love feeding the birds too, and wish my camera was better at getting close shots of them. Yours turned out wonderful!
Saw you sharing at the All Star Block Party.
Debbie :)

Gail said...

Wonderful photos.

Jane and Chris said...

I think we are in for a storm..the birds were all very busy today.
Jane x

Leah said...

It has been tolerable outside here also - today we have a little bit of wind just enough that I hear the windchime every once in awhile. Beautiful pictures as always!