Woods Country Cove

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Birds We Have Visit Our Yard

I know , bird photos again , but this is what mostly goes on at Our Country Cove . I guess you could say we have our own bird sanctuary . I love it !!!

DSC_7873

                     I sat outside for hours yesterday and took about 200 photos .

DSC_7882DSC_7892

DSC_7961DSC_7965DSC_7925DSC_8014DSC_8026DSC_7996

     I have thousands of photos of all the birds that visit our yard . It can get pretty noisy here at times , all  busy feeding their babies this time of year ,there are times so many birds are flying from one feeder or tree to the next  I am surprised there isn't a head on collision , I have had to move out of the way a few times out in our yard  or I would of got run over .

                       This is a list of all the species of birds we get here almost every day !

Gold finch , Purple finch , Red Winged Black Bird , Humming Bird , Baltimore Oriole , Orchard Oriole , Red Bellied Woodpecker , Red Breasted Grosbeak , Common House Sparrow , Wren , White Crowned Sparrow, Downey Woodpecker ,Chipping Sparrow , Nuthatch , Field Sparrow , Crows , Song Sparrow , Starlings , Cow Birds, Dove’s , Eastern Blue Bird , Northern Flicker , Cardinals , Robins , Chickadees , Blue Jays , Cedar Waxwings , King Birds , Common Grackles .

                         Critters to we get here , that will be tomorrows post !

                                 Until next time hope you all have a great day !

                                          Country Gal

11 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Love all of your precious beautiful birds!... hard to pick a favorite, they are all so gorgeous... the mourning doves have got to be at the top of my list... but then... so do the rest of them!... xoxo Julie Marie

Lois Evensen said...

You have such lovely visitors! Thank you for sharing your images. You do such a good job capturing them. :))

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Love all the pics , but literally adore Cardinals!

Highland Monkey's said...

Wow what lovely birds you have coming to visit you. We don't have anything quite so flamboyant in our part of the world so it's nice to see them being enjoyed in your garden.

LifeLessOrdinary said...

Hi, I stopped by your blog to thank you for linking up your yellow planters to our All Star Block Party then I got distracted by the birds, haha. I LOVE birds! You got some great pictures too. I enjoyed them!

Shasta @InTheOldRoad

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Beautiful shots of the birdies! I love birds too and could listen to their joyful sounds all day long. As a matter of fact, when I'm home and the weather cooperates, that's exactly what I do. By the way, seeing Miggy ALWAYS makes me smile. ;)

Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. Hope to see you again this week. Be sure to stop in tonight, and see yourself and the birdies featured. And stop back in Thursday for the announcement of my latest giveaway.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Gone Country said...

That's a nice variety of birds!

It's nice to relax outside and enjoy the sights and sounds of the birds. It's one of my favorite things to do!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

WOW Elaine that's quite an assortment and variety of winged visitors you have daily. We have the exact same feeder, but don't get nearly the number of species...maybe it's location?

Leah said...

Great pictures - I have for the first time put out a bird feeder and i have birds too!... I do enjoy taking a peek at them during my day looking out my work window!

Erika said...

Wao, I want to visit your backyard, and just sit and admire so many beautiful birds, you have a sanctuary for them, very nice of you... I love animals and birds and dogs are my favourites, well done, love your backyard.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh you got some beauties there! Put out the seed and they will come :)