Woods Country Cove

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Thanksgiving & The Fall Is Moving Along Fast



 Well things are moving along fast so far this season . We just had a lovely  long Thanksgiving weekend with all kinds of yummy food and laughs with family and friends.  We had our Thanksgiving  dinner up the road at my in-laws house and  family and friends joined us there to for Saturday dinner . We did sort of a pot luck dinner , my mom in-law did some cooking of a ham, veggies and a desert, my sister in-law made the stuffing and buns and I cooked the Turkey at home the day before and Papa carved it and we took it over the day of the dinner and heated it up and my  mom in-law made the gravy from the drippings I saved . 

 Our niece set a lovely table at Nannies - in laws

 

and even did a little riddle for every one to figure out  carved into  the  little pumpkin  sitting on the table , smart girl she is .

                                                
           It was a lovely day and weekend and to top it off the weather all though chilly was sunny .

Sunday night  was the full moon known as the hunters moon .When I looked out side I saw it hiding behind the clouds.


So I  waited for a bit and the clouds parted and I was able to get a photo it  .


 Then was able to catch the moon again the next morning as it was setting in the western horizon.

 The same morning I saw the sun rise and had to get a photo or two as it was a frosty morning and the sun rise always looks so wonderful when the air is crisp  and chilly.

A Jet flying taking altitude as it leaves behind a contrail that picks up the cool air crystals and light from the sunrise .

                I like making my photos look like they are already framed on the computer lol .

      Yesterday when Miggs and I went on our walk as the light  frost had formed all over everything .





 
Over night last night we had a thunderstorm with lots of rain  and the lightning was amazing as there was a lightning strike warning out , it was the white lightning that is fast and furious  and lights everything up like an old photo negative WOW ! lots of lightning bolts to . The rain has since subsided for now and the temps are to warm up again , which is good cause Papa and I still have some yard and garden cleaning up to do .

                                                             Until next time .


                                    Country Gal

                                                    








4 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

This is such a lovely post! Your pictures are just wonderful. I love when everyone pitches in for holiday meals!

The Furry Gnome said...

Great moon shots! Fall is really nice here now.

William Kendall said...

The last shot is my favourite.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hello Friend! I'm glad you had a fun (and full!) Thanksgiving! It sounds perfect to me!

I always love the first frost and the pictures like yours are beautiful! We've not had frost yet, but I know it's coming, sooner rather than later.