Woods Country Cove

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Unpredictable Fall In Southwestern Ontario


Well it is another year where the Fall  season can be unpredictable , whilst others up north , east and west of us are cold and have some snow and frost we down in the most southern part of the Provence  are still fairly mild and haven't had snow or even frost yet , all though the air has been chilly and nights have been cold but just not cold enough to take that bite out my gardens . I have been clearing the plants that are done and at their end which are more than likely not cooler weather plants but I have ones that are still going strong , which is good cause I have seen the odd butterfly flitting about here still and they need my flowers . The reports on butterfly's has been remarkable this year and there  are still some traveling south .  The sun has been shining and it still holds some warmth in it to .

A few photos here of my flowers still going strong so far .

OCTOBER 2018 (1 of 1)-8My Mums plants are huge , I planted them in the beginning of the summer and they  have been blooming on and off ever since .OCTOBER 2018 (1 of 6)OCTOBER 2018 (1 of 1)-9

OCTOBER 2018 (1 of 3)-2

Other plants like my Knock out rose bushes are doing well still and all my Marigolds and some of my wave petunia's .

OCTOBER 2018 (2 of 3)-2

OCTOBER 2018 (3 of 3)-2

OCTOBER 2018 (3 of 6)

OCTOBER 2018 (6 of 6)

So I guess when we do finally get a frost I will be clearing all of these plants out and  cutting  some back  lol !

Miggs and I have been busy in the yard cleaning up some leaves  and having lots of camp fires . Just this time of year we get lots of winds off of  lake Erie that isn't to far from us  and as soon as you clean the leaves up more fall and cover the ground lol !

OCTOBER 2018 (1 of 1)-7OCTOBER 2018 (1 of 2)OCTOBER 2018 (2 of 2)                                                                                 Love the smell of a campfire .

                                                        Our Juncos are back now to  , such cute little birds .

OCTOBER 2018 (1 of 1)-4

I took a few pics of the moon and one of the many bunnies we have as it was getting dark last night  . Night photography is and can be quite a challenge .

OCTOBER 2018 (1 of 1)-5

OCTOBER 2018 (1 of 3)

The sun is shining  again today but we have been getting lots of dark clouds on and off mostly traveling across the north of our valley .

OCTOBER 2018 (4 of 4)

There are days Miggs just loves to snooze in the fresh fall air and then she misses Mr chipmunk dashing about collecting seed and taking it to his hidey hole by the pond and stopping for a drink or two lol !

OCTOBER 2018 (2 of 31)

OCTOBER 2018 (3 of 16)                              Fall In southwestern Ontario  can be unpredictable but always amazing in its own way .

                                                                                                       Until next time .

                                                                                                            Country Gal

8 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like you still have plenty of colorful blooms and bird life in your yard, Elaine, despite cooler temps. I used to actually enjoyed leaf raking when growing up and later when we owned a home. We never burnt them, but bagged some and used others for compost.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Anvilcloud said...

Most of our plants are out already and those that aren't should be.

Linda said...

We’ve had a couple of light frosts already. The hangng ferns are finished. I’ve put together a couple of winter greenery baskets already. Enjoy the nice weather while you can.

William Kendall said...

Miggs looks quite relaxed.

I saw a munk the other day, which surprised me, as I'd expected they'd be in their winter quarters. Probably that'll be by the turn of the month.

We have had the odd snowflakes falling here in recent days.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like summer down your way still!

Linda said...

Great photos Elaine...
Such a windy Fall so far...cottage was unbelievable last weekend!
Thought you were gonna join Instagram? Come on....you’ll love it!
Enjoy the rest of your week...
Cheers!
Linda:o)

Henny Penny said...

Sorry I've missed some of your posts again...I can't keep up. :) Your mums are beautiful! All your flowers are. I love your pictures. We just got our first little bit of frost last Monday morning, but up until then just about all the plant were doing good. This has been an unusual fall. Miggs is so sweet sleeping in the swing. Bet it makes you want to curl up there with her, it would me. It's funny how she is missing that chipmunk busy all around her. Will you hug Miggs for me.