Woods Country Cove

Friday, June 22, 2018

A Bit Of This & That


The weather has been wonderful and Miggs and I have been outside every day just soaking it all up. Talking about soaking , it is raining here now and my gardens are going to thrive so well with the rain as we have had a few good evenings and nights with rain , yeah know the kind that gets nice and deep into the soil and makes the flowers very happy , plus it hasn't been very humid here this week either so that helps  .

JUNE 2018 (1 of 1)-8

But when the sun comes out after the rain I can see smiles on all my flowers as they stand up tall with pride and so much colour.JUNE 2018 (1 of 1)-9JUNE 2018 (1 of 1)-10

The sunny days we have had have produced some really wonderful puffy whit clouds to . I love clouds like these.

JUNE 2018 (12 of 12)

JUNE 2018 (5 of 12)Some look like mountains in the back ground  whilst others look like steam or bellowing thick smoke .JUNE 2018 (10 of 12)

                           With the sunny days well Miggs has been doing well Miggs , soaking up the warmth .

JUNE 2018 (1 of 1)-11                                                      She really has no dignity when it comes to sunning herself lol !

We have had these two domestic or rather now wild bunnies running about thanks to some inhumane nut job releasing them from some where in  the valley . The breed is Himalayan Lops and boy are they cute and they and the cotton tails have a grand old time playing and they even hang out with the feral cats but these two are buddies and always together  they did have lots of siblings running about as well but they were captured by one of my neighbors and taken to her brothers farm where they have fancy two story huts and lots of space to frolic about but these two have bee smart in avoiding people and getting caught. JUNE 2018 (3 of 8)I have named them Floppsy and Moppsy and I do enjoy seeing them about , they tend to hang out at the house across the road and occasionally come onto our driveway they seem very happy and quite content grazing on grass and snuggling up together  under the neighbor's bushes .JUNE 2018 (8 of 8)

JUNE 2018 (1 of 1)-12

                                    As for our Chipmunk  Theodore well he is just busy stuffing his cheeks all day lol !

JUNE 2018 (1 of 1)-14

The Cabbage moths have been busy collecting nectar from my Sage plants , I haven't seen to many butterfly's yet but hoping to as the it gets deeper into the summer season .

Well that's about it for me for now as I said earlier we have just been enjoying and soaking in all this wonderfulness this season is and will be bringing .

                                                                                       Until next time .

                                                                                         Country Gal

8 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

It has been great catching up on your blog and I have thoroughly enjoyed your photos. Thanks so much!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

The flowers are very beautiful but the bunnies stole the show for me they are so cute. Have a great weekend.

William Kendall said...

You wonder if those bunnies can manage to survive the winter though.

Linda said...

Lovely photos, as always. Poor bunnies, what will they do when it gets cold?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What cute bunnies and I like the names you've given to them, Elaine. Hope that no harm comes to them in the form of predators. And like you I also enjoy seeing cloud formations and especially like to make a game out of figuring what the shapes resemble.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Another fun post full of great photos! Your flowers are lovely, but just when I was thinking that the clouds were my favorite in this series, I saw those sweet and cute bunnies! I'm glad they're safe, and finding their way in the world, to yours.

I hope you and Miggs are having a good weekend!

Henny Penny said...

It looks so pretty there...your flowers are beautiful and those cloud are beautiful too. I can't imaging someone turning little tame rabbits loose. Aren't they cute!

Buttons alias Grace said...

Your photography always blows me away. Thanks, for sharing. Love Floppsy and Moppsy. Hugs B