Woods Country Cove

Sunday, February 12, 2017

RoseMary & Thyme

 

One of my favorite British TV series that I have been watching for years  I have the series on DVD  to . It is one of those shows I can watch over and over again and never get bored of it .

showposter

Set amongst the stunning gardens of Europe, RoseMary Boxer and Laura Thyme, two professional gardeners, find themselves drawn into solving mysterious crimes. 

Laura Thyme  The daughter of a farmer and a home gardener; she was a Woman Police Constable (WPC) in North Kensington and a member of "The CADS" (The Coppers' Amateur Dramatic Society) until she had children (Matthew, a policeman and Helena, a sculptor). After twenty-seven years marriage, her policeman husband abandoned her for a younger woman he met at work.

Rosemary Boxer  Has a doctorate in plant pathology and was a University of Malmesbury lecturer in applied horticulture for eighteen years, before her academic position was suddenly and sneakily removed (which pushes her to punch her ex-boss, a former beau, who fired her underhandedly). Rosemary owns a 1980 Land Rover Series III.

 

rt5

I love this show for its beautiful gardens and it’s mystery of these two who always find a bit more excitement  then they bargained for in ever  client they work for .

I also love the theme song  for RoseMary & Thyme . It is based on the traditional English Folk poem  Scarborough Fair that was originally sang by Simon and Garfunkel.   The    RoseMary & Thyme Theme Song   here on the link of YouTube  , it  is soo pretty  , it was composed with guitar and orchestra for the series   .   This series is just one of those  good shows that leaves you wanting more and enjoying the plots and scenery and can watch again and again  .

                                                 Do you have a favorite series you love and watch over and over  .

                                                                                     Until next time .

                                                                                       Country Gal

7 comments:

Linda said...

I love watching this show and think I saw an ad for it being shown again on tv, must check it out. We love all the British series on tv.
It's a snowy day, now they are saying 15-25 cm of snow. I'm catching up on baking, crochet, reading, blog visiting and other stuff.
Enjoy the day.

Deb said...

I absolutely love this show. One of my all-time favorite. I think I should buy the series, too.

William Kendall said...

Oddly I have not heard of it before.

The Furry Gnome said...

We enjoy that show too!

Anvilcloud said...

I'll have to keep an eye out. We just finished binge watching both Rebus and McCallum on Acorn TV, via Roku.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I, like you love this show as well as Poirot.

Simple Fascinations said...

I love RoseMary & Thyme also. We watched all that was available on Netflix. Now we're watching When Calls The Heart. It is so good to find your blog...I love your photography :-)