Woods Country Cove

Thursday, November 1, 2018

A Touch Of Frost & Lots Of Rain


The other morning we had our first frost of the season and it was pretty .

OCTOBER 2018 (2 of 11)                                        OCTOBER 2018 (10 of 11)

                                          That same morning the sun was shining and it was crisp and refreshing .

OCTOBER 2018 (1 of 12) This above and below photos are from when Miggs and were on our walk . I used my phone camera and put my sunglasses in front of the lens and took the shots , I like how they turned out . OCTOBER 2018 (3 of 12)

I had a chance to get things done in the yard and gardens as the day ended up so lovely sunny and very mild . I had help from Miggs to .OCTOBER 2018 (11 of 11)                                                            Ok so she napped not really helping  lol !

OCTOBER 2018 (8 of 12)

                                     She did however help a bit with the piles of leaves as she loves to do every fall lol !

OCTOBER 2018 (12 of 12)

                                                                       I raked she played then  I mulched lol !

We haven't been able to go out side since as it has been gloomy and raining lots and there is another mess of wet  leaves all over the yard again Sad smile I am hoping for a sunny weekend so we can get out enjoy and gather and mulch all the leaves again . They  say do not clean your leaves up as they are good for the ground , this may be true but it takes a few seasons for them to compost into the lawns even when mulched and when left on the grass with lots of moister like the rains we have been getting or lots of  wet snow it can create black rot on the lawns and it can have a nasty stink and can become like a toxic fungus, not good really for the lawns , pets or even birds and critters  so we pick up the leaves and mulch them and use them for the gardens , mix them in the soils so that way they compost faster over the winter season and helps to protect some of my perennial root systems   .

  November already   WOW ! the months do fly by don't they?! Well that's about it for me  crossing my fingers for some sunshine this weekend .

                                                                                        Until next time

                                                                                             Country Gal



8 comments:

Linda said...

I’m with you about the weather! Geesh...we had one glorious Fall day on Tuesday...the rest is pure gloom...
We also rake everything up...come Spring there is always more!
I even did the garbage trick one year...supposed to be compost by the Spring....NOT!
Gonna get the winter shutters up this weekend at the cottage...will be closing soon!☹️
Cheers!
Linda:o)

Silver in AZ said...

Hi! New to your blog! I hope you get the sunshine this weekend that you are hoping for! :)

William Kendall said...

Those two sunlit shots really are beautifully taken!

Miggs looks thoroughly pleased with herself in the leaves.

And the rain came down here yesterday, and we're supposed to get more. Hopefully just overnight- I'd prefer things to be dry tomorrow.

Linda said...

Rainy here too, waiting for a dry day to rake up the leaves, not sure when it is coming,

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I really love your fall photos!! We're supposed to get the rain for the weekend - So I will hope the sun is shining in your corner of the world!

We don't rake the leaves here - They blow away over the winter, and I'm okay with that. :-)

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

We have had a wonderful autumn here in the UK Your autumn colours are great and I just love Miggs. Have a fabulous weekend

Anvilcloud said...

Those frost photos ... and the sunglasses too ...

M.E. Masterson said...

I love the last pic of miggs! fantastic....do hope sunshine shows up for ya!