Woods Country Cove

Friday, November 24, 2017

Bits & Bobs From This Past Week

It has been quiet here over the past week not much going on at all . The land is pretty bare and boring and not a lot to photograph really , it tends to get like that for a while until the weather  and season changes again , all though it has been very mild and sunny here today . I don't think we will be getting much of a winter this year again even though they say we will be getting a typical Canadian winter  which I find hard to believe as our typical winters used to start at the end of October with lots of cold and snow and go right up until spring , but that hasn't been happening for a few years now thanks to the climate change, maybe farther up norther Ontario the winter will be typical but not down here in southwestern Ontario I think not but one never knows eh?!

We did have a nice get together with some of our neighbour hood friends for a nice brunch this past Sunday at a lovely restaurant/ Inn in town called the Mill Tales Inn . It was once an old flour mill back in the 18oos  converted  into this lovely Inn and restaurant , the brunch buffet is YUMMY ! Good food and company for all !



Yup that's Papa in the photo above standing up there to the left of  the photo taking photos to lol !


           It was a nice time . I see all these people at this table almost every day on Miggs and my walks and they just love to pat her and give her cuddles and the odd treat  .

Miggs and I have been enjoying our morning walks still and being out in the yard  all though some days  have been chilly it is still nice to get outside for a while .

 

I have taken a few pics here and there but again it is quiet out this time of year . I like to be able to see the nests in the trees now that the trees are all bare . Such amazing construction to them .


  This nest is very tiny about the size of the inside of my hand build in our Japanese willows  . I think it was one of our  hummers nest .

This nest is way up high in our big old 150+ Manitoba maple  near the top . It is a squirrels nest .



As I was searching around for more things to photograph I spotted this little guy on our Chiminea lid. .

                     I guess the mild temps and sunshine has brought him out for the day .

Well it is that time of year where we all get prepared for Christmas and some of us join the shopping crazy crowds from now till then . This year Papa and I will be having a quiet Christmas maybe go to the in-laws before Christmas to see family as most will be busy visiting other family members over the holidays . We don't know yet if our kids will be coming down over the holidays this year as they have other sides of family to see as well but I am sure we will be hearing from them if they cant make it down .

I would like to wish our American blogger friends a Happy Thanksgiving weekend .

Well that's about it for me here . I will be in and out of blog land mostly out lol  as I am sure much of you will be to as the busy time of year gears up  .
           
                                                          Until next time .

                                                                   Country Gal 

                

6 comments:

William Kendall said...

An interesting conversion, a mill into a restaurant!

Linda said...

What a lovely get together. I did get something me nice photos of the sunset tonight. I’m still experimenting with my new camera. I won’t be back to regular posting till md January, got a couple of scheduled posts but that is all while we are away. I’ll try to stop by and visit my favourite blogs whike away. Have a great weekend.

The Furry Gnome said...

Must be a friendly neighbourhood!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a fun get together and great place to have it! I couldn't help but smile looking at your pictures, everyone looks like they're having a great time!

Not much going on outside here either. I also love seeing the nests that were hidden in the summer. My feeders are up and ready for winter visitors, but so far, there haven't been many takers. But like winter, I know they'll come. Have a good weekend!

Take care, and have a fun weekend!

Linda said...

HI Elaine...
Nice neighbourhood brunch!
We got an early Christmas present...come on over for a peek!
Cheers!
Linda :o)

September Violets said...

This is so nice that you and your neighbours get together like this! You must be a really nice bunch ;) My neighbours all see me as the dog walker & daycare lady ha ha!
Wendy