Woods Country Cove

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fall Is Just Around The Corner

 

Tuesday  the 23rd is the first day of fall and it is already feeling like it . This morning we woke to temps of only 5C or 41 F  quite chilly , we had to turn on the furnace this morning to get the chill out of the house !SEPTEMBER 2014 (3 of 11)

                         The dew this morning was pretty as the sun was rising and shining on it making it twinkle !SEPTEMBER 2014 (7 of 11)SEPTEMBER 2014 (10 of 11)

             The sun was warming the land up fast and the dew heated up and formed a light fog across the land !

SEPTEMBER 2014 (11 of 11)

                                                              Almost looks like smoke in the back ground !

SEPTEMBER 2014 (8 of 11)

I love the sunrise’s colour of orange as it gently  shines on everything , I love photographing things in the sun rise light !

SEPTEMBER 2014 (9 of 11)

Birdies waking up and getting breakfast  chirping and singing . The hummers are still here feasting  on the nectar feeders , George our crazy Crow cawing his head off  up in the old tree  and Miggs barking at him as the two communicate with each other some how, who knows maybe dogs and Crows understand one another at least ours seem to lol  . The Blue jays squawk like mad  flapping around chasing each other . Canadian geese flying over head as they make their day break flight as all wakes up to chilly fresh air and sun shining .

The day was lovely with warm sunshine and cool breezes perfect for working out side which is what we did and again had our  chiminea going with the wonderful smell of wood smoke in the cool fresh air .

Yesterday I had mentioned that we went to our friends house for a fish fry supper ! It was DELISH! the fish Michael catches and prepares it all  himself  then Danielle makes the salads and deserts YUMMY ! Papa’s mom and dad were there to as they are also friends with them   and we had such a nice time chatting and laughing  , it was  wonderful  .  These two lovely people are the ones we bought this old farm house from and we are so  happy to be friends with them they really are good folk ! Thanks Danielle and Michael  .

                           The day has come to a close now  and we are winding down from a lovely weekend !

        Monday looks to be another lovely sunny fresh cool day , another nice day to get out and do some more tidying up of the summer flowers and plants  that are done , go for a walk with my Miggs and take photos of fall sneaking up on us !

                                                                Until next time my friends !

                                                                 Country Gal

10 comments:

Muffy's Marks said...

Been cold here too. For the last two nights I've been covering my flowers. I want to save them for a couple of weeks yet. Tonight, its not suppose to get so cold, and a warm front is coming through. Hurrah!!! Have a great week!!!

William Kendall said...

Lovely shots!

I had errands to run downtown, and it was cold enough that I had my winter coat on while I was down there. Later on it warmed up enough for me to drop it at home before coming to campus. Now that I have to go, it'll probably be cold again!

Linda Kay said...

I remember those fish fries back in Illinois and they were so good. So glad you had a lovely weekend, as did I.

Bethany Carson said...

Very neat photos of the dew and fog! We had frost on the ground Saturday morning...I guess fall and *gasp* winter are on their way! I also enjoyed the shot of the goldfinch.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Looks like Winter may come early for us again this year drat:) You are almost ready I can see that. Keep warm at least the sun is out today:) Hug B

Anonymous said...

Chilly overnights and morning here too, and lots of dew and low hanging fog.
Sounds like you all had a great weekend get together.

camp and cottage living said...

Oh, I love Fish fries-yum!
Your yard looks so beautiful in the glow of the sunrise...

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Elaine girl !
I love your pictures and yes! that mist looks like smoke .. I am a huge fan of the warm orange glow .. wish we were in the country to see that on a meadow and tree line.
I love the smell of wood smoke on a crisp day .. you are so very lucky !
I might have to come over to roast a marshmallow or two ? LOL
Beautiful pictures !
Joy : )

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely post. These cooler mornings are wonderful! I love waking up to a freshness in the air with the windows open and hearing the birds chirping outside. And that morning glow is phenomenal.

Anvilcloud said...

Trees are beginning to turn here.