Woods Country Cove

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Some Of This & That

Well hello all , I hope you have been enjoying this month of August as much as we have . I have been busy taking tons of photos whilst I have been outside tending to my gardens here and there .


                        This was the full Sturgeon moon last week . It was so pretty .

 This poor Eastern Swallow tail butterfly looks so worn and weathered , but he managed to fly pretty good despite the lack of wings .

 This  Green Frog who has taken residents in our pond has been such a delight to see every day .

 My gardens have been doing well again this year and are soo full of lovely coloured  blooms .

It was Harley's 12th birthday on Friday  , she's not much into playing with toys all though she has a favorite mousey  so she got extra treats for her birthday .

 We have been enjoying many lovely evenings on the patio porch with  the chiminea going as the evenings have been cooling off nicely.

Which brings me to theses photo  as in our wood sheds where we keep our dry wood I have been having fun exploring in the mini forest behind it all and finding all kinds of nifty fungi in logs on the mini forest floor .

Most of our summer birds have disappeared already but as we are n the migration path we do get the odd straggler . Mrs Wren here is on her third  and final batch of baby's and has had all three sets in three of our bird houses , here she was siting waiting for the coast to be cleared by Mr Wren as she sat with a beak full of goodies for the kiddies .

I have been enjoying taking photos of bugs as well , so many different ones  to photograph to.






I have been having a ball chasing bugs and butterfly's and spending all these wonderful summer days outside from sun up to sun set .


 I have been using my smart phone a lot for photos as I have it with me when I am outside and in the gardens so its amazing to have in a pinch  lol .

 This Thursday Papa and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding Anniversary and will be going for a nice brunch at one of our favorite restaurants in town called Mills Tale it used to be a flour factory and now is a fancy  large B&B  and is all done inside like a log cabin we love it and the food is amazing , we are simple folk nothing fancy for us  then Friday it is Miggs 10th Birthday and we will be going on a little trip to a nice park for a bit of a hick as we all love doing that going to different parks and exploring with Miggs .

                           Well that's it for me hope you all have a great week and weekend !


                                                                 Until next time .

                                    Country Gal

                                                               




1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Happy Anniversary! And Harley is such a cutie!