Woods Country Cove

Monday, December 28, 2015

Well… That’s Christmas All Done

 

We had a lovely Christmas  and it was wonderful to see the kids but I was  as sick as a dog , figures after a year of not seeing them they come down here for Christmas and I was ill , still am a bit ! boxing day morning I woke with the room spinning like mad  I had no balance at all and Papa had to help me to get about I have never had this before , it would of  been explainable  if I had been a drinker of alcohol  but I dont drink the stuff and boy did it make me sick . So needless to say the time they spent here with us I was down and out . I still feel a bit loopy and spiny at times , we figure that I had  a  bad  case of vertigo wich is an inner ear infection really  or the tummy flu but it didnt affect my tummy with any pain . My head is still heavy feeling like a head cold  and I am still a bit  off balance . So after all this time of  waiting to visit with the kids I end up sick  , they were all good about it as I sat in my jammies in my chair in the living room so I could at least hear, see and talk to them  .  I am hoping I dont have to bother seeing our family Dr and it just goes away cause  as this time of year it is hard to get in to see our family Dr and that means  I have to see another Dr who knows nothing about me  that drives me nuts . I figure if it happens again  I will just go to the hospital at least I will get in faster to see a Dr there especially if I am that sick again !  I hope not though  I have never been ill like that before !  Any who hope you all had a lovely Christmas with family  and no one got sick .  Even sitting here infront of the computer writing this and looking up at it makes me feel a bit woozy , but I will try to get  around to all your lovely blogs over the next few days and read what you all have been up to  .

        The weather  has finally turned   cold and is very windy here  and some what of the winter we know ,  A big storm heading our way with lots of snow for up north and freezing rain for us down here , it is gona be a mess , so for those  fellow Ontarions out there  please take care and be careful on the roads if you have to be on them .  As for me I will be taking it easy recovering from what ever this sickness is in my jammies  under my blanket watching movies .

                                                                                Until next time

                                                                      Country Gal

15 comments:

Jan said...

So sorry you have been sick! I've had vertigo and it's definitely no fun. Take it easy and get well soon!

Gail said...

Sorry you are sick but glad you are recovering.

Terra said...

I hope that vertigo goes away soon. Several bloggers say Dramamine helps, but I don't know, haven't tried it.

Jane and Chris said...

Uhoh...sounds like vertigo. The Dr will be able to prescribe meds for the nausea. Take it easy.
Jane x

Deb said...

You stay put today, Elaine, and get better soon. Deb

Crystal said...

Oh no :( being sick is never fun. Hope it goes away quickly

eileeninmd said...

Helo, I am sorry you have been feeling bad. I have had vertigo before and it is awful. It did go away eventually on its own, thank God. I hope you feel better soon, take care.

Happy Monday, enjoy your new week! I wish you all the best in 2016, Happy New Year!

William Kendall said...

It does sound like vertigo, which can be dealt with quickly with the right meds, but which can linger for a long while if you just hope it'll go away.

Amy at love made my home said...

So sorry to hear that you haven't been well. Take care of yourself and I hope that you are all back to normal again soon. xx

The Furry Gnome said...

So sorry you were sick over Christmas! Hope you're better fast!

Primitive Stars said...

Oh oh, so sorry to hear your under the weather, sure hope your on your way to feeling better.Blessings Francine.

Dagmar said...

Hope you are on the mend and looking forward to a healthy and happy New year.
Ox
Dagmar

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sorry you are ill! I hope you feel better soon!

Anvilcloud said...

Oh, that's a pity. It's never fun to get sick, but it is extra unfortunate over Christmas. Thought I was getting something about two days before, but it didn't eventuate , for which I am grateful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you get better soon, ear infections really suck and can make you really dizzy...I was with mine. I am on my second round of antibiotics to clear mine up.:(