Woods Country Cove

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Feeling A Bit BA HUMBUGISH !

If that's even a word lol ! I cant seem to get into the Christmas spirit this year , I find each year harder and harder to get Christmasy  and I don't know why .  The weather has been up and down , mostly down with high winds cold air lots of clouds rain and the odd pop of sunshine and no snow for us down this way in southwestern Ontario  and I haven't found much to photograph out there either that I haven't already photographed lol ! 
We have a few outdoor decorations up in the front of the house as that is Papa's area of expertise and it looks pretty with the tree on the front step ,lights along the porch roof and a few bits n bobs.



 I still have the inside to do  but hard to do when your just not in the spirit of things . I know what a downer this is eh ! but really is everyone always feeling Christmasy every Christmas , I mean lets get real here . I know I know BA HUMBUG  your thinking !

                                       Even Miggs is not feeling it this year .


 Poor old dog cant have her swing hung up any more now as she cant lift herself up on it as her Arthritis is worse this time of year .

 She loves to snooze outside on it still though even in the cooler air at least it keeps her under the patio porch and off of the cold ground which is worse for her aches and pains .

The other evening as the sun was setting way to early for my liking , I saw all of these Cedar waxwings resting in the tree across the road as they made their trek south  .  They are last to migrate every year .


    I just caught a glimpse of these clouds over the valley  through my living room window . I am always looking out the window if cant be outside ,


Well I need a kick in the pants my mum would say to get in the gist of things for this time of year , time to buck up girl she would also say . I better do as she says or she will be sending the down the ghost of Ebenezer Scrooge YIKES   lol ! 

                                                 

7 comments:

Joyce F said...

I've felt that way different years. This year I decided to put up the bigger tree so I could enjoy all my favorite ornaments instead of the table top tree which is too little to hold any but mini ornaments. We don't have a lot of people to buy for so shopping isn't a big deal and it is almost finished. I am gathering recipes to do some baking and candy making, something I haven't done for a few years. I think just doing these things have helped bring on some Christmas spirit. Try it, it might work!

Hilary said...

wow, that's quite a view from your window!!! And I know what you mean, I can't get excited about Christmas either, for some reason.

The Furry Gnome said...

Yah, you need to buck up and at least enjoy the season! I feel the same every year, but I get over it and muddle through.

Henny Penny said...

Sometimes it is hard to get in the mood to pull everything out and start decorating. I'm bad about getting a good start and then quitting. I've done that now! :) Oh, wish I could give Miggs a big hug. Sorry he has arthritis. Sure wish our sweet pets didn't have to get old. Miggs is adorable. I've loved Miggs since the first time I found your blog. Your pictures and your posts are always good.

Anvilcloud said...

It gets harder as we age, but our grands help with that. I hope your spirit soon lifts.

All of those waxwings. Wow!

September Violets said...

I lost a big part of the excitement of Christmas when my own mom passed away. This year I lost my dad, so it's my first Christmas without him as well. Last year I decided to really cut back on the decorating. I have a TON of ornaments, but I left most of them in storage, and decorated the tree with just a few nature themed and natural items. Clear lights were new for our tree too. It made a huge difference to have so much less stuff filling up my small house. Outside I only put up lights that I can easily reach myself so I don't have to ask my husband to take them down again ;) Less is more seemed to help lighten the Christmas depression for me. I also did other things like baking and going out with my family to create good memories rather than trying to hard to get in the spirit of things. I don't think you need to have Christmas excitement, but Christmas contentment and thankfulness.
Wendy

William Kendall said...

It's actually a difficult time of year for me, personally. It was my mother's favourite holiday, but even before that, for many years it was putting up with unpleasant people and being on edge at Christmas that seems to have poisoned the holiday for me. I felt better on Boxing Day than I did on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.