Woods Country Cove

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

A Bit Of This N That

Well I haven't been here much now have I ?!  Been busy with gardens and yard clean up as my plants bit by bit come to an end . The weather has been wonderfully summer like except for today  it is windy rainy and chilly out there but we need the rain that's for sure . Our Thanksgiving  long  weekend all though a lovely one has been and gone already , I cant believe how fast the days and months are going .
I have been noticing nature is a bit on and off course this season , some birds are still here and should of migrated long before now and  Monarchs and other butterfly's are still fluttering through on their migration path all though this is very late for them and bees have still be about collecting what nectar they can find for this time of year .


The days had been sunny and warm so these guys took advantage of it to get a bit more food  on their travels .

The past few mornings were dewy , foggy and chilly and I noticed lots of webs about so I had to get pics they are so interesting each and every one of them are different , one of  natures mysteries !


                               For I haven't seen one spider even near any of theses.


Our Crab apple tree in the back was covered in webs I have never seen so many in the same place especially in trees .


                                           Oh look pic above   a spiders idea of a hammock  lol !


                                                    They were literally every where !


                 Even on the top of our Chiminea ! looks like their road ways to get to and from .

 Saw these pretty leaves  in the bird bath.  I like the reflection of the colours , I did clean it out and refresh their water after lol !

Talking about colours , lots of colours are popping up everywhere here now  . Some  have all changed and some are just changing and like the bird bath pic some have fallen already to . Looks like this weekend  we will be getting a start on the leaves Miggs will like that as she loves to play in the piles of leaves lol !
Speaking about Miggs yesterday she was rolling in some leaves and sat up with this stuck to her nose for the longest time goofy dog !

                     That's how much she likes this time of year with all the leaves lol !


   Miggs , its not polite to stick your tongue out at our blogger friends  lol ! Oh I see your sending them kisses , well that's better !


Well who do we have here ?! Why it's Alvin , collecting seed from under the feeders to take to his hidy hole . Hello Alvin !


I also noticed this little mini sunflower beside Alvin in the garden .  A little late but ok we will see if it blooms .

Whilst I was busy doing This N That and taking photos as usual lol I hear an aircraft I hadn't heard here before , we get lots flying over as there are two small airports with in 20 min from us  .  The sky was hazy !


   So I came out into the middle of yard and took a pic of him in the distance then he turned around and came right over for me  they will do that if they see some one on the ground taking their photo . Thanks buddy that was great , nice aircraft !

 So that is all for me for now. I don't want to bore you to much lol .! The rain is slapping against the house with the winds and the air is chilly so a good day for indoor This N That  me thinks lol !


                                                                    Until next time .
                                                                    
                                             Country Gal



7 comments:

Linda said...

Chilly and damp here too, but not as much rain as predicted. I’ve seen some butterflies around too. The goldfinches have lost their bright yellow already. I haven’t seen or heard any big flocks of geese either. Love your web photos.

William Kendall said...

Alvin's very busy this time of year. Soon enough you won't see him until spring.

The Furry Gnome said...

Love those spider web shots!

Linda said...

HI Elaine....
I hope there aren't that many webs at the cottage when I return tomorrow! Yikes!
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Love your photos! and so happy to come back and See Sweet Miggy!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

As the seasons change there's so much to do to get ready for the next one, the critters around you seem to know that too! And despite it going too fast, I hope you had a good Thanksgiving, and all is well in your corner of the world. I love your photos of the spider webs - Each one truly is a unique work of art!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What great spider web images, Elaine. I have never taken a good shot of one and am always amazed at the beauty and intricateness of the ones others have taken. I also liked the web hammock! Looks like you were still having some warm enough days for bees and butterflies to enjoy the blooms you still have in the yard. We are finally starting to get cooler daytime temps and some chilly nights. It's nice to be able to wear long sleeves and jackets too.