Woods Country Cove

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Changing Of Season

The changing of Season is upon us and I have been taking in all the changes so far . The temps have been chilly  over night already , damp , dewy and foggy in the mornings .



Some birds have migrated south from us  already and others stop over to rest and feed in our yard and trees as we are smack dab in the middle of the migration path for part of the southwestern Ontario migration for both birds and butterfly's . I do so enjoy seeing different breeds of birds  stop here that I haven't seen here before and if I am lucky enough to get a photo of them even better . 

 All though I don't always get good photos as they are so quick to feast and fly off on their increadable journey . I can identify most but some well .. not so much lol !

The Goldfinch have been feasting in droves here and they love the seeds of the Blue Spruce trees in the back 40 and the seeds from my plants in the gardens I leave untouched for them , saves me on bird seed this time of year to   .


I haven't seen our hummers all day today so I am thinking they have left , I think lots of  our summer birds left earlier then usual due to the terrible storms happening in the south , birds seem to know these things long before we do  .

I was watching this youngster for quite a long time as he pecked and chased bugs about  , a  Juvenile Starling he is and funny to watch .

In just 10 days it will officially be Fall or as some call it Autumn and it seems to be fast approaching here , some leaves on the trees are half changed whilst others still remain green but soon will be full of colours . The land is changing to as is the air and the sun rises later in the mornings and sets earlier in the evenings  and is becoming weaker by day ,  oh the changing of seasons is a wondrous thing really as nature knows exactly what to do  and when and the rewards for us to see are well.. remarkably glorious !

                             I pray for all those in the south in the storms , both human and animal  !

                                                            Until next time .
                                   Country Gal
                                                       

6 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I'm noticing all those changing seasons too. About the only birds left here that will migrate are the Turkey Vultures, who leave very late.

Anvilcloud said...

This must be an enjoyable time for you.

Linda said...

I thought the orioles had left and then I saw them for a couple of days at the feeder. I'm taking down the hummer and oriole feeder in a day or so, don't want them hanging around and relying on getting food. I'm loving the cooler mornings and evenings. During the day this week has been gorgeous, very summer like. We are seeing the mist in the fields across the road too, makes for some eerie looking photos.

William Kendall said...

Excellent shots!

It seems to have warmed up here the last couple of days.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm so glad I've been able to stop by! I've missed being able to enjoy your posts and photos!

That feeling of fall is definitely in the air - But I'm still seeing my hummingbirds. But of course, I don't know if they are *mine* or those on their way to their winter home. Whoever they are, I'll leave the feeder up for those stragglers, and start filling my feeders again.

UplayOnline said...

makes for some eerie looking photos.


การ์ตูนโป๊