Woods Country Cove

Friday, May 19, 2017

A Bit Of This & That

It has been a beautiful few days weather wise , more summer like then spring and I have been outside loving every second of it in my gardens and watching the birds in between breaks lol !  I am now ahead of the game this year with my gardens as we planted mostly perennials last year and only needed a few annuals for  pots and the odd space . I would usually go to my fave garden center over this long weekend of ours Victoria Day weekend  as it is the weekend that all gardeners in Canada seem to get planting in their gardens  but we went yesterday and now I can sit back this weekend relax and enjoy .


 So now we watch it all grow and bloom and watch the butterfly's , bees and birds happily dance around the blooms . 

       Talking about birds our Hummy is feasting like mad at the feeder . He seems to think I am another hummer at times to as he quickly fly's right up to me , so close I can feel the vibration of his buzzing wings and the breeze  with his tail spread out in a fan position  , that means he is ready for the territory fight  lol till I speak to him then he calms down and goes about his feeding again lol !




                                        Such a challenge getting photos of these fast little birds .

             When we went  out yesterday to the garden center I saw this cute mat and just had to get it  .



                                                         Miggs seems to like it to lol !
                                                        


       Well that's it for us for now . Papa has and extra long weekend off as he booked Tuesday off to so we are just going to putter and enjoy  maybe take a little road trip we'll see lol !
                                                  Until next time . Have a good weekend !
                         
                                                                             
                             Country Gal




7 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You have lots of beautiful color and blooms in your garden, seems like it's taken off all at once :)
Sweet Miggs, she's found the perfect spot for a little R & R !
Have a lovely weekend Elaine.
Hugs,
~Jo

Linda said...

Enjoy the extra time off with Papa. I've been busy in the garden too, got some veggies planted, and some shade plants in my tipsy pots and buckets. Our hummer has been dive bombing us too and he lijes to flit around while I'm watering the veggies. Life is like one long weekend for us, and we will stay home away from the crazy crowds.

William Kendall said...

Hummers are fascinating birds, but really territorial!

Faye Henry said...

Have a great weekend my friend and I love your photos..

Anvilcloud said...

Glad you are enjoying your weekend.

Connie said...

This is such a delightful post and your garden is magnificent :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy celebration weekend, a bit late, Elaine. I really enjoyed the photos of the hummers.